[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Binds with .!xxxxx in them.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is nitpicking of the highest order, but anyway.
I'd like to make a bind that says:

"CAUTION @ !location", thats easily deployable when needed.
I know I can do 2 messages: bind: "Caution @" and a bind "!location" but since I drive with Ks I am running out of easily reachable binds, and I prefer 1 bind instead of 2 to prevent spamming the chat. Would this be possible, or are "!xxxxxx" automatically disabled when there is other text in the textbox?
the bind that meds/tows use is (mary/gary at least)
slow down at & !location

meaning that &=separate command/!xxx etc..
essentialy it is 2 binds in one line

CAUTION @ & !location
would be what you ask for...
When you're online to any of CityDriving's servers, a JSON formatted file is generated, for example: http://api.tc-gaming.co.uk/json/garypants.json

You can have a program download that page for you (from which you will obtain the location) then you will be using LFSs' InSim protocol (best way) to send your desired message when a command/hotkey/button is pressed.
IMHO *all* "caution @ " messages are just spam and completely useless.

-100% of the players will receive a spam message
-90% are nowhere close to it
-10% of them may actually know the location you're saying
-0% care about it

The caution sign is the only sign that is directly related to the actual scene. That and the hazard sign is all you need to secure it. Use it wisely and report those who ignore them.
^ that and if needed, just scream slow down. A bind is never really seen, and for most of the newer community they don't know the location you're cautioning about.

And a bind is never better than a caution and physical roadblock, as always.
Agree with ^
I'd rather use the physical way to make people slowdown, than using binds in chat, which can be simply ignored by others who are spamming in main chat/focusing on road/simply don't care.
Reference URL's