[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Drop Object when speedtrapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that big idea, but maybe a nice little feature.

Is it possible that !speedtrap can drop a object behind or next to the COP car? Like some speedtraps in real world (not everyone, but some). So you can see from far if the cop is speedtrapping or not.

Just as a fun feature. Not a hard one. Something you can hit without damage.
(2017-08-27 15:11)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]So you can see from far if the cop is speedtrapping or not.

There is a radar that you can buy and tells you if there is a RADAR near.

It will be something just useless cause just a cone isn't similiar to a camera, but, why not.
Neutral point, 0.
Sounds like a waste of objects that could be used elsewhere.

Sorry but I believe the time spent coding this feature would be better spent in any new future ones as it wont bring any big changes to the cruise experience.

No from me.
(2017-08-27 15:56)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a waste of objects that could be used elsewhere.

Not bad of an idea if it's done properly, unfortunately LFS doesn't have a speed camera object.

Tried this: [Image: Honeyview_lfs_00000167.jpg]

Quote:Sounds like a waste of objects

The limit is 2100 and we're currently sitting at 1810 for WE, 290 is plenty and say 1 object per speed trap is not much. (speed traps are limited to 2 per server if I'm not mistaken).
[Image: 68eE30b.jpg]

Came up with this (which is based off this)

[Image: nintchdbpict000285769968.jpg?strip=all&a...quality=70]

Could be a nice touch, but I don't think it's necessary tbh.
(2017-08-27 15:11)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]Not that big idea, but maybe a nice little feature.

Is it possible that !speedtrap can drop a object behind or next to the COP car? Like some speedtraps in real world (not everyone, but some). So you can see from far if the cop is speedtrapping or not.

Just as a fun feature. Not a hard one. Something you can hit without damage.

I really like it with an object, but i think it's also good to add an additional new warning sign to that, maybe above the speed limit to see speedtraps better, because the radar warner right now is very small. So you have an object plus a sign, something like this here.
I like your idea Brixton, it's more realistic and would also look good!! :)
:)
No / Cancel.

Administrator Message by: BP

Don't pointlessly post please
I like the idea. +1
(2017-08-27 18:35)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]No / Cancel.

Don't pointlessly post please

+1

Warning level raised for obvious reasons
Adding a poll to prevent further useless "No / Cancel" or "+1" posts.
These sort of spammy replies take away from the replies which give actual reasons/opinions. This is a forum and not a shoutbox.
(2017-08-27 20:29)BP Wrote: [ -> ]This is a forum and not a shoutbox.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid247408

Tingle gets warned and Bee doesn't?

Justice.
(2017-08-27 20:41)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-27 20:29)BP Wrote: [ -> ]This is a forum and not a shoutbox.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid247408

Tingle gets warned and Bee doesn't?

Justice.

Hi Adorable,

Unfortunately, this isn't the correct thread to argue against forum warnings.

However, the main gripe of Tingle's post is that he blatantly ignored the user right above him get an admin message, and proceeded to do the exact same thing.

No more posts about this in this thread.

Thank you.
voted no
using objects to indicate speedtrap.. i don't think it is optimal.. i dont know how the radar detector works(haven't seen it in action)

tc has a radar warner availiable for purchase and i think that is enough
if anyone has problem identifying the speedtrap dispite the warning "device" it can be agumented via a locator style designator

in short i vote no for the proposed implementation..
if TC cares to do anything on the subject i propose a designator on car(similar to the locator) that shows the same text/colors with the radar warner box (user would still have to buy the radar warning but in addition to a simple box he would see a "locator" box on the cop car)
(2017-08-27 17:33)Jack Wrote: [ -> ][Pictures etc]

+1

I got rid of the quote contents, because the quote was big/had pictures. Also, please avoid posts like "+1" as they don't add much to a discussion of this nature
It's a no from me

over here where I live in Western Australia, our speed cameras are hidden in the back of xtrails/vans/behind bushes majority of the time so we can't see them, granted it's illegal and there are people who sit 100-200m up the road warning other drivers with signage but still, if you get busted speeding you deserve it. Not needed to be warned there's a speed camera ahead.
To make it clear from my side pls: It was not a idea to "warn" for a speedtrap or do a second thing beside the radar. Just thought about it as a nice little idea for fun. W00t
+0.5, nice addition but not really a hugeee need. But not the huge ass sign or concrete. I'd say when speedtrap is up, a orange pylon (not cone) goes up just behind the car about a metre. Visible, but easily missable for speeding yobbos. Also stops people complaining that they can't see the traps or "hey cop you're hiding etc".
Reference URL's