[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !stop command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The InSim prints "Suspect STOP Police" and sends some text on screen.

No need to allow COPs to print the same message; it only gets spammed:

9/2/2017 6:43:24 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:43:26 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:43:28 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:43:33 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:44:22 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:44:37 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:45:09 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:45:22 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:45:54 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:46:04 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:46:36 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:46:53 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:47:11 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››
9/2/2017 6:47:41 PM Bushwhacker - STOP POLICE ›››

A: Make spamming it fineable
B: Remove the command, the on screen text / automated message is enough
C: Change the message UCID to the suspect / COPs only, so only the suspect / COPs involved sees them.
D: !setopt nostopmsg 1
yh i can see that getting annoying in a chase once or twice is fine but not constantly
I don't see any reason for keeping the command really.
+1 to Dee
Maybe C solution is best, but the usage about it should be for rule-breaking
If the suspect broke rule, and he must stop/pit/spectate this message can be used

And i would like to add, the !move command too, should be also fineable when spamming
+1
I like A and C, but A being changed a bit.

A could be changed to a "limit with cooldown" thing, like, you do !stop/!move 2 times and if you try pressing it again for a third time, it could show a "Wait X secs to use this command again" e.g 2-3 secs or 4-5 secs.
For !move it could be something similar.
Also, whats the real use of !stop anyway? You already have the STOP POLICE >>>>> on screen, so why put a command for it?.
+1 B and C
I'd like to see something less invasive on chat. Plus sometimes people just don't read the chat and just drive off (lol)
Better to have a textbox as msg that appears on the Suspect's screen that says something like "Stop For Police Check, Pull Over". Easier to see, easier to read, and no spam to others.

And also on this topic, with "<< MOVE FOR POLICE" when in chase as well. Doesn't work half the time and no one gives way because no one cares. Better to have the same textbox that appears on the blocking civilan car infront when !move is said, saying "<< MOVE ASIDE POLICE CHASE BEHIND" or something.
How about:

E: Tell that donkey to stop spamming
(2017-09-03 05:48)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]How about:

That, too.
(2017-09-03 05:48)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]How about:

Yes because telling people to stop doing something in these servers is always a success.

I'd say removing the command or adding in some sort of spam protection would be the best ideas.
Remove the command +1

Cause if you realy want a driver to stop, you can do !chase
Cause which reason will be there if you want to stop him which is not chaseable? If you only want tell someone something, you can do it in chat without stop him.

Everything else what comes in my mind is admin work, not COP work.
You already see "STOP POLICE ›››" automatically in chat and on the suspects screen, so I don't see the reason to keep it. +1 for removing
Would be nice if they could
add a timer on it, if you spammed it 3 times then you have to wait 45 seconds to use it again
Added poll for convenience
C looks good enough although a cooldown timer would be nice too..
Reference URL's