[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Kyoto TC ver)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Continuing from the Sydney and Montana series, here's some ideas to revamp Kyoto just a touch.
Moving onto from the well requested layoutting series on the LFS forum (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts) which have provided tracks for the acclaimed Rony'sTFR,
I'm now here to revitalise some layouts for you.

Thus... presenting..
[Image: 2bbd1c1287835f9588ab7a8652dd2b97.png]

Kyoto Ver 1.2

Now, I've thought a lot for this. Kept a wiser head than when I was doing Montana, and didn't go nuts at changing everything. Everything you see is just minute changes that will make the cruising experiences a little more enjoyable, and nothing major has taken place. These small changes would work much better as implementations rather than major changes that would affect e.g how a road works!

Aside from the changes listed below, roads with excessive barriers have been replaced with more friendly tire bundles. Reduces the chances of chase wrecks, whilst still discouraging wrong-waying. Thank you to all who suggested this in previous series in Sydney and Montana Smile

Just some changes taken place :

> Autobahn South to Roundabout
[Image: 83c2678b63ead2d4afdf27d6ce646637.png]

The South exit viaduct has been moved slightly aft and given a more distinct 2 way seperation. Tad more drive friendly, and looks just a touch better! Reduces the chances of missing your exit.
[Image: 87d8a3f6647731b24ea9885db1177607.jpg]
The split lanes entering North AB have been seperated, preventing incursion accidents. Those carrying on to AB chooses right lane, those joining roundabout takes left. Smoothens the traffic flow!
The merge from the paving to the banked AB road has been moved aft to facilitate better driving. Looks a bit neater at that!
Grass parking lot has been removed and relocated to (read on)* as well.

> Autobahn South slow lane/Flyover wall
[Image: fd15037815f511a227360db3f5347a1e.png]

More of a fix than a change, but the 1st lane has been widened a bit. The flyover ramps used to intrude into the lane, which caused crashes if you ran 2 by 2 and hit the protruding armco. The off ramp has been straightened and both lanes are now fully driveable!

> Spawn
[Image: c33bd7b27f2b60a9bfcaeddd16232824.jpg]

A more formal spawn zone in a carpark has been introduced.

> Pitlane 2 Exits
[Image: d726d746b1f980353da650b06ef4d07a.png]

Exit has been refined.

> Off exit Gas Station (Idea by Chuck, Credits.)
[Image: b1086d53d26f7222cbb26a97783ba3f5.jpg]

A pretty new introduction by Chuck just a day ago. The Autobahn Gas Station. This is my take on it, thank you Chuck for the idea. Just ignore this if the current Gas Station is good, I think it is already Tongue
This has a more user friendly pit box, no need to reverse out. Parking spots have been moved forward after the gas station, so people can park after refueling, without the need to awkwardly U turn.

There's my take on Kyoto. Just a few little tweaks, nothing too major! Open to your feedback and opinions, would be certainly appreciated as usual! Helps me do my job Smile

Once again, thank you for your support for this series, and have a good one!

Cheers
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and Nova's really good circuit layouts)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts
Very useful and non-drastic changes. It's a yes from me.
Like the change in spawn area. A little bit like the spawn in Westhill, but smaller.

Everything else ist good like it is now.
I really hope the roundabout changes can be implemented. While it works now it can sometimes feel intimidating if a lot of fast traffic is going through simultaneously.
(2017-09-03 13:55)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope the roundabout changes can be implemented. While it works now it can sometimes feel intimidating if a lot of fast traffic is going through simultaneously.

Mhm. That was one of the main problems highlighted to me thru both visual review and feedback from people in the server. Current layout around that area isn't really the cleanest, thus I did a little thinking and smoothened that bit out Smile
*edit I was referring to just the right-most lane from Beach to the rb, which has the split lane.
Not sure why people keep talking about the roundabout. The change is so minor and also at the opposite side of where the real crashes happen. 90% (if not more) of all collisions appear on the approach side.
Hm, I'm totally fine with the roundabout. For me, it's something unique and makes the Autobahn less of a drag, if you just keep doing loops with a flyover like in other servers. That's why I chose I retain the roundabout fully.
Thought you implied I dislike the roundabout - I'm totally fine with it Tongue Maybe I phrased it a little wrong when quoting AJ.
See I agree the RB can be annoying, HOWEVER I see why it is ESSENTIAL. Other cruise servers have the oval opened up, which is just going "Here, NASCAR it lads" which would mean the moment you get any speed up (to whatever you want.. Using limit as example with res) you can just endlessly moneymake cause your not doing owt but circle driving.

Viaducts have been suggested before, and denied / never implimented for what I can only guess is the same reason.
Spot on Huski! I don't like Nascar-ing on a cruise server. And a flyover/viaduct at 200kph will not ever end well. The roundabout is the best option both sanity wise and in usefullness.
It'd be a pain on yo back trying to merge into ABNorth-to-ABSouth coming from Arena with everyone passing by at +200kmh without the RB, or exit AB to go into Arena, and knowing some people don't even bother to look, and we already have problems with the intersection between AB South and Northpark, so the RB is a total keeper also because of what Huski said, it'd be a NASCAR non-stop and I can already imagine the amounts of crashes that would happen without the RB there. Unless there is an overpass like the one at the AB safezone-pits-stuntzone. Or RB+Overpass (altho I think it would hit 2100 objects)?.

While I was really bored, I decided to replace the armcos of the AutoBahn with (Concrete) Walls, which look a bit more "highway-like" and also reduces how many objects are placed, since the armcos are duplicated. I made them as high as the current armcos (Made them high as the triple stack armcos as I did it before it was changed to a two stack). Maybe you could make a work-around with the walls as an idea/suggestion. Low walls on intersections and the rest as high as the armcos.

On the AB gas station you should add anti-WW ramps, as since it was added the amount of people entering WW from the exit are quite a number, either reversing from half a mile or driving WW straight towards it.
Thank you for your suggestions Ghutra.

I'll add the ww ramps to the Autobahn gas station in the next beta, but as for the concrete walls replacing the current Armco on the AB - I need more feedback, before I attempt a edit.
The main reason I didn't go concrete was because in real life, armco is used as a central divider. With high concrete walls too, you won't be able to see traffic on the other side; which is vital in chases or for meds on rescue.

Would anyone else prefer the Autobahn to have highway-like concrete center wall or the current armco? - Ghutra's suggestion
Ye, the only flaw there is that the walls are either too high to see ahead or too low that you can easily jump it and go WW, and the problem that if you leave them on white make it more difficult to differentiate between walls and the road, so I tried to paint them yellow and/or red near intersections.

But, what about leaving armcos near the intersections and use walls on the corners for example?.
Final poll result (stagnant result since last Tuesday)
22 ^ 9 v

[Image: 8c9bbb781803c224be8c1e92d700e670.png]

Poll votes are frozen as of post. Any further votes will not becounted.
Can't bemore grateful for all of your support, thank you.

If everything goes well, we will hopefully see this on the roll during the next change!
Set to be reviewed by the team. Version 1.2 has been worked on slightly to fix some bugs. Post-Beta Release V1.0 has now been put forward.

Cheers!
Hi @admins, has there been any consideration for this layout?
*I've passed it to Brad a few weeks back, although if it's not yet circulated within the team I can link it here.
I don't think there exists much interest here for it anymore as many changes have already been done. The roundabout is now very close to what you've shown, the current gas station looks 10x better than yours and Howling reworked the ramps. The only actual thing I see is the fencing at the spawn-points, which can be added with a few clicks without changing the entire layout.
Alright sure! Thanks Chuck!

//
Thread will be idled until the next time I do an edit.
Reference URL's