[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Remove grid coordinates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They're there for years. Nobody seem to use or need them
http://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=manual&man=grid

Does anybody cling to them? Please vote.
I have never used them, so I won't exactly miss them if they are gone.
+1 i agree with thomas on that...
it would be interesting to see how people use them though...
i find that an update on the maps is more usefull than the grid..
dyzio2206 Wrote:it would be interesting to see how people use them though...

We've had 5 years to do that
Never used them to be honest. Voted for the removal.
Hello,
i used them for tow and med to see where the location of the caller is, so i think its useful
I did use them in the past, but they weren't that useful to be honest.
Its quite useful as a TOW/MED, to indicate where someone is on a long strech of road. For example AB North/South. Also other accidentprone locations can be recognized by it so you can be a bit more certain where it is.

For me it would be a -1. But I understand that others dont make that much use out of it.
I see why they're there, to see whereabouts on a road someone is (MED/RES), but I've personally never used it as I've got a locator to find people, anyways. For that reason, I voted 'Remove or don't care'
Voting for don't care.
They're useful for unknown roads when someone calls for help (when I'm RES). But I know almost every place on every track so I don't need it much anymore (i used it on Westhill sometimes).
Because I find it still useful for the few places I don't know, I voted 'Keep'.
Same opinion as Wouter's.
Never used them since i don't play as a TOW/MED/RES much.
It makes sense to have them since the road names contain the coordinates, but they're rarely used. I might have only ever referred to those images a couple of times. You can learn the coordinates by just driving around the map so I voted to remove them.
(2017-09-23 09:13)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
dyzio2206 Wrote:it would be interesting to see how people use them though...

We've had 5 years to do that

i am sure you did.. i didn't... Smile

what i meant is that i would like to read a brief explanation of how people use the grid if they vote for keeping it.. because frankly i find that a road map update (with names etc)is far more usefull than any kid of grid coordinate system..
The main problem for me as a beginner, around 1 year ago, was that I have no GRID Map on screen who can help me the see the exact location of every grid.

Cause you can watch the SOS calling user I see no need for it.
Tbh never used them as a RES/MED, mostly because I take a few seconds and spectate the user that needs help so I can see his position, plus the locator.

The only way I can think it could be "useful" would be if you have a 2nd monitor or download the grid maps on your cellphone, so that way you can take a quick look (I might do that with mah cellphone).

ps: The Blackwood grid map needs to be updated to include the Industrial Estate.

My vote is a 50-50.
I found them usefull for tows/meds services, and also on the past, I had request to update the WE one and nowadays, BL too. It's true that im not using it to much, but just for curiosity, why should remove them? It is necessary to remove it for add something better or just because yes?

Just keep them for those ones who still using them
Reference URL's