[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Improve/create cop gameplay to use with actual TS/Discord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

It's been a long time that I am thinking about that, but anyway. Indeed, I've been playing some times as a cop with Teamspeak communication, and I felt like it was quite interesting if we could try to find a way to make people use it a lot more.

Though I don't know anything about InSim, it would be nice if we could actually make the voice program (TeamSpeak?) to communicate with the game, a bit like on Arma 3 with radios and such.

Anyway, if we could even at least make people use Teamspeak or any vocal chat to actually discuss/interact/participate with other colleagues while in chase (or not, like telling to another cop that x player did run a red light etc) instead of using messy binds it would make the Teamspeak full and the copping experience better imo. (and also realistic, fun and any other good aspects Smile )

Also, the same could be done for MED/RES, with the same principle but adapted to MED/RES things
It seems a nice idea, but the thing is, it cannot be enforced as a compulsory rule - people whom simply refuse to voice themselves, or those who don't have mics.

The other way would be making it be "optional and highly encouraged". But then again it's like that now (Discord, TS are always open), and not many wish to use them.

Just like Arma, it's not *compulsory* to be micced up. There's still a chat. Voice chat being incooperated into public gameplay will almost never succeed, unless it's to a specific group of people all of whom will use it (i.e league racing, iRacing etc).

Just my two cents, but if InSim and TS/Discord can be linked i don't see why we can't better push the "optional but highly encouraged" bit. Smile
Yes, please, I want this to be a requirement. I want the Police system to be more strict towards people who are part of the roleplay. I'm someone who has been roleplaying on GTA SA LS-RP since 2009 and for someone who has been involved in the police roleplay scene for a long time as well, it's by far one of the best experiences ever when a good leader is present along with members who are willing to communicate etc.

I wrote about this some time ago but none really bothered to reply.
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid251032

THIS most likely means the police system will need to be adjusted a lot. That means there should be also applications on the website for the police force as well as a separate sub-forum so that police is managed by separate people as well as ran by separate people.
If the people behind TC are interesting to know more about this, please, let us know! I've been roleplaying for such a long time in the best roleplay community out there and I know what they use, how they use and how they manage their stuff when it comes to police roleplay!
Raphi Wrote:Though I don't know anything about InSim, it would be nice if we could actually make the voice program (TeamSpeak?) to communicate with the game, a bit like on Arma 3 with radios and such.

If I am understanding you, I don't think this is possible.

As for the prospect of mics being a requirement for cops, I am very much against this. But we could try and encourage the use of TS3 and mics, sure.
Compulsory, no. Some people just don't like talking that much (mee) or don't have mics. But I've copped with other friends via voice chat and it does make the experience better Smile

Encouraging it, though, yes — maybe a one-time popup when you go [COP] to remind people that we have TS3/Discord and that using it is very encouraged, but not required Smile
Adding onto Raphi's idea, it would be good for the insim/TS3 to detect if you were in a chase and automatically move you into a different channel for the duration of the chase before being moved back into main cop chat. Like TaskForce Radio http://radio.task-force.ru/en/
Thanks for your answer guys.

I forgot to write it on my first post but no, it won't be compulsory. IF some cops don't want nor just can't, it's not a problem, I don't want to divide the cop system. It's only for the people who wants that, like me, and some other people (to not say a lot?) for sure.

For the radio thing, if BP is right, then, a "it is not compulsory but HIGHLY recommended for copping experience" would be enough. However, if it is still possible, then Carl resumed everything in one post: I would like to make it work like Task-Force radio, that's why I took the example of Arma 3.

The main reason of why I made this proposition is because I want to make the whole cop thing a bit more interesting, however not going too far by changing completely the system. Therefore; if anyone don't want to play with mic etc, it's their choice, but the actual voice system should be at least more encouraged. Smile
I would like to encourage people to use TS3 (or discord?...shhh..perhaps a POLICE channel on discord would be nice?) so that it would make the experience way better and easier as I'm not really into using way too many binds!
(2017-10-03 18:27)MousemanLV Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to encourage people to use TS3 (or discord?...shhh..perhaps a POLICE channel on discord would be nice?) so that it would make the experience way better and easier as I'm not really into using way too many binds!

We've got the same idea of copping apparently. Smile
Was the word compulsory plucked out of thin air, or was the OP just edited?

Even if this was possible, I doubt it'd make much of a difference because no doubt some external program will be needed for it to work which is one of few reasons as to why people don't go into a voice chat in the first place.
(2017-10-03 18:33)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]Was the word compulsory plucked out of thin air, or was the OP just edited?

Even if this was possible, I doubt it'd make much of a difference because no doubt some external program will be needed for it to work which is one of few reasons as to why people don't go into a voice chat in the first place.

I think it's Nova who started with me asking this to be a compulsory thing etc

The thing is that most of the community has either TS or Discord, not only for LFS. And of course this would need a new program, but maybe integrate it in TCLights to make something like "TC Copping System".exe or some kind

And anyway, we can keep things simple, with not something mandatory and with the actual system. We now just need to find a way to make people interested in this
On LS:RP they use TS3 and they also have TS3 binds to switch channels. Upon switching channels, they inform on the police radio (/r) about what chase is joining what channel. e.g. /r Hotel 4 joining channel 3 for the current chase, over. We could have it easier - just notify on the !c which channel you will be using during the chase and that's when you make the switch to that channel with a TS3 bind.
(2017-10-03 17:32)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]Adding onto Raphi's idea, it would be good for the insim/TS3 to detect if you were in a chase and automatically move you into a different channel for the duration of the chase before being moved back into main cop chat. Like TaskForce Radio http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

The TFAR way would work in something like this, however I wonder if a COP joins a chase if they'd be able to be AUTO JOIN into a channel. Though TFAR you can change channel you can use numpad, however thats managed by A3 Client not Teamspeak. (JS TFAR is a good a3 mod, will suggest)
i like the idea.. on the subject of it being compulsory or optional.. i vote for optional

but it would be great to clarify a few things first
1. TS OR Discord??? it is good to have the option but 2 cops in 2 different voice comm systems is not realy functional.. a suggestion would be nice..
2. if it is going to be optional a remider (like the "ability to use syren" message) could work well
ie "join TS3 for better copping experience"
I agree copping with Teamspeak is hella fun and easy to give quick direction changes to other cops in the chase. It really does add something more to copping. You all should get on Teamspeak more often!
Alright, I was kinda bored so I played with Excel a bit.

I noted on my Excel the number of people who voted yes/no, and the amount of hours in average for each category of people (who voted yes or no).

Here's the results I've taken into account: (10/04/17, around 3pm GMT+1 time)
[Image: ECRU2be.png]

With this, as I said above, I counted every people in the poll who voted either yes or no, and then made an average of their playing time as a cop for all the people who voted yes or the people who voted no.
I got these results:
[Image: PcJaBKS.png]

I made also some graphs to illustrate what I'm saying:
[Image: F1jOpD9.png]
[Image: GMAGLU4.png]

My conclusion:

It is clear that the people who voted "yes" basically know more and also probably see more why I'd like my suggestion to be implemented. Indeed, with my 312 hours as a COP, even though I am quite low compared to some other who are playing (especially who voted), I feel like it could be more interesting for the copping experience on TC, for the reasons stated in my OP. And I feel like some people who voted no, basically without even saying why, don't really care/know about my suggestion. I am not saying that people who voted "no" are dumb/illogical, I would like to know why, and thanks to the ones who have done that, who took their time to explain their choices, for both answers.
Im a guy of few words, never use any form of external/voice comm (ts, discord, etc) but I don't see why TS3/Discord voice chatting would be a bad idea, even if I'll never use it, as long as it is added as an optional but a recommended option to cop.

Altho there should be a decision whether to do it via TS3 or Discord, otherwise lets say that in a chase 3 cops are chatting/giving indications in TS3 and the 4th cop is on Discord, the 4th cop wouldn't have an idea what the other 3 cops are chatting/indicating and viceversa.

My vote is a +1 with the optional but recommended.
Reference URL's