[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Trackday and other features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyho everyone,

so we got a new Insim update. As promised months ago, the GTR cars will have a comeback. But before you freak out, there won't be GTR-cops on the roads.
The cruise parts of the maps shall remain for road-cars only. Instead, we gonna have a track-day feature which turns maps with separate race-tracks (i.e. Weston and Blackwood) into race areas. But not only that, we gonna add a cherry on top of this: All single-seaters (Formula cars) will also be allowed to be used on such roads. All of them.

We will start with Weston today.

The usage of the race-track will require a new RACE licence, which must be obtained via the well known license menu.
[Image: jZTe0es.jpg]

A race-license costs 10,000 € and is valid for 1 year. It allows:
-Usage of the racetrack with any car you own
-Renting of race cars (GTR and single-seaters)

You need to take an online test like for all other licenses, but the test is rather an acknowledgement of the rules below than a test.

Race cars currently can only be rented but will be available for purchase soon.
Please note, the current rent prices are preliminary.

Trackday Rules
  1. Driving on race tracks requires mutual respect.
  2. Overtaking must be done with all due care. Especially if the car overtaking is much faster.
  3. Race tracks are one-way. You may reverse offside the track or maneuver around i.e. for towing.
  4. Do not block other cars from overtaking (e.g. by driving zig-zag). You may stay on the racing line though. Faster cars have to go around.
  5. Normal road-laws have no effect on race tracks (speeding, dangerous driving, etc.).
  6. Chases may not be taken onto race tracks.
  7. Cops are not allowed to enter race-tracks.
  8. Crashed cars may be towed normally. They may normally use the SOS menu.
  9. Drifting is not allowed on straights.
  10. All cars are allowed to be used on a race-track, even UF1's.
  11. GTR and Formula cars will spawn near the race track. These cars must not be taken onto normal roads.
  12. Common [TC] server rules still apply. E.g.: ramming, crashing, provoking accidents, caution & hazard signs.

Violations may result in temporary or permanent revocation of your license and/or other punishments.

Along with the trackday feature, the new Insim also introduces a new zoning-model. There are race/cruise and chase-zones. Zone-violations will usually send you to spec mode, i.e if a race car is taken off the race area.
Suspects leaving the chase area will be autobusted (not spec'ed) after 10 seconds.

I hope you will find joy in the new features. If you spot any bugs, please post in the corresponding forum area or text me via Discord.

cheers
-Chuck
Reference URL's