[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How to become affiliated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys robo here was just wondering to all you lovely people out there how to make our team affiliated to the great tc city driving thanks
epic post
My oh my oh my, becoming an affiliated team. This brings back some good and bad memories.

Now, before i go any further: "This isn't an official reply. It's in no way, shape or form an official response from [TC]. It is merely my own opinion based on my experience becoming an affiliated team in April 2014."

It's quite a job, becoming an affiliated team. It's a tough process filled with uncertainty, blurred objectives and a lot of sheer luck. It's also really rewarding to become something that [TC] recognizes as an official team. The affiliation process brings advantages over being a simple community team but it's more than that.

Now, the qualifications are somewhat blurred. Here's what I do know:
  • You need a website. A good one.
  • (Might be outdated) A forum would help too.
  • You need to know every damn rule of the manual.
  • Active members are a plus. Aim for something around 10+
  • URS entries have to be pristine. Immaculate. PERFECT.

If you manage to tick all those boxes, you're still not even close to become affiliated. I would suggest the following:
  • Become friends with Administration. They'll become your "bosses" afterall.
  • Show that your team can run flawlessly for at least a year. Show determination.
  • Your team needs to be respected by the whole community. Make it a part of it. Throw some hype.
  • Organize events. Have them be successful.
  • People have to want to join your team. Your recruitment should show interest in the team.

Are you still alive? Good.

Now, i'll give you some insider information. Ain't official, might be completely false. Take it or leave it.
  • [TC] Will choose their affiliates. Sucks to say but favoritism plays a big role in that.
  • Other affiliates will have their opinion thrown in the mix as well. Might be a good idea to make friends with other leaders.
  • You need to bring something to the table that SO, CSR, 6S, GLOW and RDSR can't bring. As said, you need to show that people want to join your team.
  • Did I say favoritism? Yes? Can't be sure. I'll say it again.

Now, you did manage all those bullet points. You think you're on the home stretch? Well my friend you might be, you might not. Only [TC] can tell you what they have on their mind. Affiliation can be quite frustrating at times and the process is filled with grey areas. There is also the fact that the Administration likes to hide key elements, making the process a little bit harder that what it needs to be. In the end, Nothing will ensure that your team can make it into the affiliated spot.

Again, this is my own opinion. You're from [PACT]. I'll be honest, I never heard of you. Nor your team. Start by posting a thread on the forums, showcase your team. Make it known, create some hype over it.

You want to head in a good position? I'd suggest following the steps of current/past community teams that in my opinion were/are heading in the right direction towards affiliation:
  • Straight Line Motorsports: Great members, great leadership. Active team, speed/fast based "niche" team.
  • [GU] had great leadership skills. They organized events. They created hype.
  • LO was one the team I was sure would have probably joined the affiliated ranks before disbanding. The hype they created was insane. Everybody wanted to join the team.
See what they have done. Learn about them. Look at the current affiliated team, look at their path.

Finally, there are no official rules, nothing has ever been officially released on how to become affiliated. You need strength, passion, determination and a great deal of luck.
Sebas is right that there is not a definitive set of rules or hoops that you have to jump through to be affiliated. Many exceptional teams have come and gone without being affiliated with us.

To anyone who asks, we always give the same basic set of basic requirements but it has to be stressed that just ticking these boxes does not automatically mean you get affiliated, the team has to stand the test of time and integrate itself into the community. Integration means engaging with the community by organising events, recruiting members, attracting new players and keeping [TC] CityDriving players engaged.

With Christmas coming up, we expect that a large proportion of affiliate teams and other community teams will be organising events to create community involvement over the festive period.

The basic requirements are:
  • An online presence: Social media / website.
  • A respected set of team members / giving off a professional image.
  • A willingness to organise community events with the support of [TC] members (for example getting involved with the Christmas/Summer event series).
(2017-11-17 17:06)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Sebas is right that there is not a definitive set of rules or hoops that you have to jump through to be affiliated. Many exceptional teams have come and gone without being affiliated with us.

ixion for life
Reference URL's