[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cop Skin XFR (Denied)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, [TC]›Carl‹ told me to put the skin up for reviewing because its seems inapropriate, Ive been using this skin back from 2008 thru 2011 on TC before I took a break from lfs from 2012 to 2017 but seem like the skin standard/rules have changed so here is my cop skin submission

[attachment=1178][attachment=1179][attachment=1180][attachment=1181]
This thread has been put forward for discussion by [TC] Members. We aim to get back to you with a verdict as soon as possible - Thanks!
Any news on this ? been 2 days so im curious
Hi there

The yellow and black combination do give off more of a tow-skin vibe as opposed to a cop. We tend to look for a yellow/orange combination when it comes to chevrons on police skins.
(2017-12-05 01:57)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there

The yellow and black combination do give off more of a tow-skin vibe as opposed to a cop. We tend to look for a yellow/orange combination when it comes to chevrons on police skins.

so, what do you want me to modify then ? since the front and back chevron are yellow on navy blue and according to rules, black and navy blue/black like this is acceptable as a base color and yellow is acceptable as stripe color, I dont know what is wrong with it

4.4.2.a Traditional
It should have a solid base colour with large areas/panels of bodywork in a contrasting base colour and/or large stripes along the sides in contrasting/hi-vis colour(s).
Suitable base colours are dark colours such as Black, Navy Blue, Dark Green and very light colours such as White, Silver or pale chalk-pastel type colours. Colours such as Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple and Red are not reccommended as base colours as they have reduced contrast and can easily be mistaken for civillian/recovery vehicles. Yellow/Orange can be used for stripes if they contrast sufficiently with surrounding livery/base colour.

the color contrast enough so I wonder what wrong with it. I mean i cant figure out exactly what I have to change
Hi,

The main rule is:

Quote:4.4.0: "Police must use a skin that easily identifies the car as a Police car."

Quote:4.4.2.a "[...] solid base colour with large areas/panels of bodywork in a contrasting base colour"

It's very important to note that black and navy are in the same group (dark), therefore do not contrast with each other.

Additionally, the yellow on black stripes/chevrons are typically used like that in tow skins, so that would violate 4.4.0. However, the yellow on black stripes may be suitable to aid general visibility depending on how they're implemented with the rest of the livery, but they don't work as a primary identifier for a police livery.

The "stripes" wording mostly means things like large horizontal stripes, seen in traditional UK/German/NYPD/Chicago PD liveries.

Thanks.
ok well its would be way too much work and im too lazy to just re-do it all, im just not gonna use that skin anymore, feel free to archive that thread.
Alright thanks.

Skin Submission Denied
The skin in this thread has been denied approval and may not be used on the servers until a subsequent request is approved!
Reference URL's