[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Downhill Dash - Official Thread & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 3cd1987de5.jpg]

Presenting Downhill Dash, the last event from Street Obsessions for 2017.

Downhill Dash is an event based off of the successful downhill events originally written by Huski & TAZxx. Once again, both have teamed up together to bring us this brand new layout.

The event is raced in a 1v1 style for two runs per race, the cars start at the top of the run, then they must race down, the winner is whoever crosses the finish line first on both runs, if the score ends 1 win each a 3rd run tie-breaker will be raced to decide a clear winner.

The races are done in a random seeded bracket in which drivers who sign up will be randomly selected to go into the bracket, this way the races are completely random. As with any kind of bracketed race or competition the winner moves to the next round.

Races will be raced in TBO cars (XRT, FXO, RB4), for a balanced choice of every kind of drivetrain for drivers to choose from. (Limitations in rules)

Due to bracket bye-rounds we’ll be limiting maximum entries to 32, this is to avoid bye-rounds and to supply a fair, balanced bracket for everybody racing. Only sign-up for the event if you're 100% sure you will be available for the event.

Downhill Dash will be held on December 30th, 18:00GMT

The rulebook is simple, both for the benefit of administrators on the night and also for the benefit of the racers. Below you will find the rules of racing.
  1. No Deliberate Contact (We understand its close racing, accidents happen, however ramming / pitting is disallowed)
  2. If you fall off the layout (EG: Through the railings on some corners) your car is totalled, meaning you lose that run.
  3. No cheats or hacks in any way, doing so could lead to a permanent event ban.
  4. The car you race in your first run is the car you’ll race for EVERY run.
  5. When you're not racing do NOT join the track.

No event would be succesful without amazing prizes. To end the year with a BANG, here's the list of what you could win:
  • 3rd place: Steam Voucher 5$ Value
  • 2nd place: Steam Voucher 10$ Value
  • 1st place: Steam Voucher 15$ Value

Interested in particpating in this event? -> SIGN-UP HERE

The layout is currently available RIGHT NOW for those of you who want to start practicing. Head over to the Street Obsessions server, password being dd2017.
I feel like I missed something

where are the teasers? lol

Never mind; looks promising!
Applications are still open! Some spots are available. Don't miss this opportunity to compete in one fun event!
This looks awesome. I wish I could make it.
(2017-12-12 23:31)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome. I wish I could make it.

We're hoping it Will be just that, we've put a lot of time and hard work into this to make it fun for everyone.

It's a shame you can't be there to make it, however I do plan on live streaming this on the night so that anyone who can't make it can hopefully still watch and enjoy.

---

There are still a few sign-up places available, so sign up now to avoid disappointment Wink
Signed up! Smile
BIG UPDATE 18/12

Hello, I'm adding this small note here to say we're closing sign-ups at 16, this is for the way brackets work and our want to avoid byerounds, a note will be put here when the 16 is met, if you sign up as a racer after the 16 you'll be put in as a RESERVE, on the night you can still come to the server in case of a driver or two not showing up.

THERE IS ONLY ONE SPACE LEFT FOR ON-NIGHT RACERS!

Hello! I'd just like to post this to inform people that Downhill Dash has ONE SPACE remaining for on-night racers, everybody else will be put under reserve if they sign up.

On that subject if reserves equal 16 on the night (on forms) we'll post a 32 bracket which is balanced for everybody!

This decision is here to eliminate bye-rounds as we do not want these happening under ANY circumstances.

-Huski
(Taken from LFS forum post made by myself)

If you'd like to sign up please head on to the following link: here!

Edit: Sign-ups now at 16, everybody who signs up will be added as a reserve, current signups will be kept in their slots!

Thanks!
(Sign-ups non bracketed)

Current Sign-ups - 16

These drivers are priority on the night, if they do not attend a reserve will be put into their place for the race.

Shamz (truckloader)
[TC-R] Adam (k_badam)
[GLOW] Angel (sergey29)
S|L Jacob (seal..)
A c e (PusicDrift)
[TC]>Spark< (Sparklez)
Tyrant (Invortex)
R0ut (R0ut66)
GT4Tube (gt4_pl)
*‹[GRINCH] Folo (Foloride)
[MD] Twistzz (Driloniloni110)
Willi (Will.I.Am)
[R]Wilczek (Patryk1967)
Vick/Therenaultguy (TheRenaultGuy)
bunnytt (bunnytt)
| FR | §outh (EE3)

Reservists - 3

Reservists are backup players, if a main player is not attending on the night they'll be given the spot (if reservists equal 16 as well a 32 bracket will be made to incorporate everybody)

Roba (-Roba-)
Juntu (Juntunen123)
Lose (Sir Elton John)
Due to issues regarding humblebundle when we looked into purchasing the order we've decided as a team to transfer the prizes from Humble Bundle to Steam in the form of Steam Credit, the new prizing structure is as follows:

1st: $15 steam voucher
2nd $10 steam voucher
3rd $5 steam voucher.

We apologise as a team for this inconvenience however we believe its the best solution to our issue with Humble Bundle

I'd also like to drop this reminder again; if we manage to hit 16 sign-ups in the reserves we'll make a 32 person bracket, this is due to the dis-want to include bye-rounds.
I think i prefer the voucher idea to the humble bundle idea Smile
(2017-12-26 19:22)AdamB Wrote: [ -> ]I think i prefer the voucher idea to the humble bundle idea Smile

IMHO I believe Steam Vouchers are a lot better than humble as prizes, as with humble its a sort of random bag for x time, with Vouchers people can partly pay or fully pay for something they ACTUALLY want.
If anyone is unsure of the time differences, here is a countdown for you all! Smile

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge...slab&csz=1
(2017-12-26 19:22)AdamB Wrote: [ -> ]I think i prefer the voucher idea to the humble bundle idea Smile

We will also make sure to send the vouchers before the end of Steam Sales, so you will all be able to make great purchases.
Is server online? For practice.
Hello,
i have to cancel my participation. Im not going to be free tomorrow.
Less than 24 hours to go!!!

As a little booster, the current prizes of the steam vouchers will be DOUBLED if we can reach the maximum 32 sign-ups, including the current reserve racers.

Not only will we double the prizes, we will also run the whole 32 bracket!!!

We are excited for you to see what all our hard work has achieved, and for you to come and enjoy DownHill Dash!

--
Getrag, Server is online and running.

Jacob, cancelled for you.
Can you change my car of choice to xrt? Thank you!
(2017-12-29 23:31)Getrag Wrote: [ -> ]Can you change my car of choice to xrt? Thank you!

Yes, your car choice will be locked when you first start your race one, after that first race your car CANNOT be changed.
1 hour to go!!!

We would like all participants in server as early as possible, no later than 17:50 GMT so we can do the bracket and run you all through the rules.

We are still accepting last minute sign-ups using the following Link - >CLICK ME!!<
so im a dumb *Removed*
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's