[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Changes to South City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there are a couple parts of S|L AOR Nova's South City layout that should be reverted back to how they are or improved.

The flyover is a good idea on paper but when driving over it, it is bumpy, steep and due to this unless you have a jelly setup, it throws you off so to have any chance of taking it smooth you need to be going quite slow. It isn't nice going fast over it and i think it could either be reworked or reverted back to the roundabout. I thought the roundabout was much more flowing and more inviting to drive around.

This wouldn't really effect driving round the layout but it would be fun to have back, the mini race track in the recess after the first turn, there is only a couple more pitstops and fair enough, more space to park but there are loads of other places to park around the map, especially in that area. The track could also take advantage of the new track day feature.
I agree having some race feature where it used to be before would be nice.

The flyover is nice and smooth as it is. I've no problems with it.
I love the fly over and you can hit it fast if you do it right. Its nice not seeing a roundabout on a layout honestly.. We have them everywhere.
I prefer the flyover over the roundabout, as you can keep speed if your driving under it on a cruise, I've also personally seen less accidents there as a result of removal of the roundabout.

Dizzle says it right, it seems every layout has at least one roundabout. So a break would be nice.
The flyover is as smooth as it can get with also using the least amount of objects so in case a HwA wants to put out some objects or cops with roadblocks. For me its better than the Roundabout. Could be improved? Maybe.

South City is not a map for the track day feature (at least until its updated to Westhill and Blackwood's Standards), plus its already really small compared to other tracks (Blackwood shares this pole). The Castle Hill-Hillcrest Ave-St Blvd "oval" couldn't be added to track day: One for being the money-making area (like BL's Rally Stage), and Two as of How will you get from Highway 1's Station Blvd into High Street/Acme Street, if the Archway will be closed off for the race track?.

The current layout is better than the old one.
Thank you all for your support again, means a ton Smile
I myself think the flyover as good as it can be, within LFS' object limitations. I would love to model a smooth laser modelled, robotic, diamond crusted movable on-ramp for each side but unless Eric gets his ass off his new shaders I'm afraid I'm only human Sad

With all the edits I do believe there are indeed stuff to tweak (as proved again in my Sydney thread, there'll always be gribes). But as for a race day in SO, as cramped as it is, I don't necessarily think it's the best idea for all. The racetrack removal wasn't my call I believe, so I have no veto for what happens within Stn Bvld Race Track.

My goal was to free up and "motion" the layout in a way there would be smoother traffic flow, and I hope it's been achieved.

That being said, do feel free to pop suggestions into the Sydney track thread. I won't be pushing updates as frequently as afterall, I am not the resident official layoutter by any means in TC. But if push comes to shove I'll attend to it.

Take care,
AOR Nova

edit/
p.s That's one really paggro poll you have lol
S|L AA™| AOR Nova, i am sure it is the best you can do, but, as you say, a smoother ramp would be much better. Maybe when we do get smoother layout objects it will work much better but for now it isn't very smooth at all.
I can only say that I think LFS Obj editor will have new stuff. At least from what us forum lurkers have seen. Along with a new track possibly 2018/19.

Anyway, yes. I would love it to be smoother. It took an entire day to get around just the ramps themselves. I'll go back tomorrow and have a good look at how I can possibly reduce the bumps, but it'll be a long shot.

For what it is I can say currently it's as smooth as I can get it. Even stanced, there should be little to no issue apart from some skirt rubbing as you do sitting 1 inch off the ground.

Don't run up to the ramp at super speed, because it's still a corner, after all. A ramp won't turn your tires into superglue to pull 6gs around a bend Smile

Thanks for the feedback tho. Appreciated.

Cheers

/btw I'm just SlL AOR Nova. Leave the AA out, don't mix both lol
Reference URL's