[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Taking a benefit from the BL track.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as we know BL has a simple track, but it has a special feature like ain't no other LFS track. I am talking about the rallycross section, I don't know at all if it could be possible to use that too, but here is what I've thought of.When you join the track ~pits~ you'd have the opportunity to choose which way you'd like to do, track/rallycross.
I don't know how possible this could be to implement, but if you already need a track license to enter the rallycross section, you could use it to race.ty.
But the rally cross route is split into 2. So....
What do you want to use it for?
you could possibly connect with a bridge it...but what do you want with two curves.
Sure, some layout modifications could be made and I don't think it would create a really big issue if you got to merge the two tracks..
You could have a rallycross time attack, and the track time attack... I don't see what is the problem with this.
I see a problem there, if several drive on time and on different tracks they will sooner or later.
A track needs to be only 1 configuration. Having multiple will cause issues for not only Insim to calculate the path, but also if the track is crowded and you have people ducking right to join the rally track you could get mowed over by a car going normal route.

Also, bridges is not an option, because of the same thing. Once you overlap the insim path there is a problem.
As I said above, insim wouldn't be a real problem because you'd choose at the start of the track the path you want to race , track/rally. So if you'd choose rally it won't switch back to trackmode when you got the road section.
And I do understand your point that what happens when both parties meet on the road, but I'd say this is less likely to happen. We can all see how many people use the track at a time, chances would be low for the rallycrosser's to leave with slow speed and crash with someone from the track(my opinion), and even if you wouldn't agree with this, the points where the rallycross section joins, has a pretty wide road so it makes it even less 'hard to pass if needed'...
Reference URL's