[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: drift on track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why you can drift on a racetrack?
I spend 10k for a race lense to drive fast times.
Not to drift on a straight track is also a mystery to me.

It's pretty frustrating when you're in a fast lap,and in the last turn is a drifter,

The drifters can already drift on the whole layout why on the race track,not logical for me.

I am for that it is forbidden to drift on the racetrack.
Added poll & voted
hagwallah/manji causes too much chaos, most people don't look at their maps before they do anything and cause head on collisions with other people.
I often ride the race track and so far it has only been one that has let me pass.

ty BP forgot to open a vote.
(2018-01-21 09:24)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]hagwallah/manji causes too much chaos, most people don't look at their maps before they do anything and cause head on collisions with other people.

This suggestion is about the race tracks though.
+10
I have been slowed down to almost a complete stop by drifters who don't even check the map to see if any faster car comes and they drift it anyways. Only times I have seen them giving way are on straights and that's it. Even saw some drifting on straights, even tho the test says not to do so.

Kinda pointless to allow drift on RTs since these don't have many corners. That's why they already have stuntzones or the roads itself for doing so.
Personally I'm all for this change, I've noticed a few people not being careful when drifting on the track.
I have more problems with slower cars than drifters tbh. Slower racers stick to the racing line while drifters not always. Lucky if you overtake the slow guy on the straight but on corners he might not give you the road so easily. You can pass drifters easier on corners but still you gonna lose time either it's a drifter or a slow guy.

But I don't really drift that much on Racetrack anymore because tires pop really fast and the tracks itself (westhill, blackwood) are very open wide which is not exactly enjoyable to drift. There are autocross servers with tight layouts that are better for drifting. Another option ofcourse is street drifting.
@mox

This slow car thing could be resolved by blue flags, but as it's not a race nor a proper race path i doubt insim can issue blues.

Unless a coding is put in place to detect a closing rate of the approaching car and give a blue based on that. Would be pretty neat.
Also "slower cars" may try for hot lap. By that I mean lower car classes. That someone doesn't have 1000hp in his UF1 doesn't make him slow. Me for example on slow car clas, I keep on my line as I have exact the same right to try a fast lap as someone random on FZR. However, people who aren't on fastlap, they should keep out of way...
Now about this "blue flag". Blue flag can be useful if it can make difference between hotlappers and people on in/outlap/people who failed due "shortcutters".
I'm of the same opinion as fiets,

If you are in the warm-up round, you should already see what can hinder you.

one should adapt his speed so that one can drive without disturbance.
In my opinion, there should be no drifting allowed on the track whilst people are hot-lapping. If you go to Silverstone or Rockingham track days, you don't see people drifting around the circuit. What you do see is people aiming to get a good personal best time whilst being courteous to other drivers.

The rules on faster cars and slower cars should be that a blue flag should be issued to any car if they are in their warm-up lap and a car on their hot-lap is approaching them with speed, and failure to do so will result in a "Track Warning"/Yellow Card or something along those lines. This should be the same with drifting. Repeated failures to adhere to the rules of the circuit may result in the Race License being revoked or access denied to the track for the rest of the track day week.

With the drifting situation, I would also suggest there be a rota for when the track is allowed for drifting and when the track is allowed for hotlapping. Like every other day would be a drift day. We can't just deny access to the track for people wanting to drift, we would have to find a solution that satisfies everyone.
That's a shame, I have always loved to drift on the race bit or go on a tandem with Psygo.
Have it work the way wrong siding does, only allowed if safe.

Owl Wrote:there should be no drifting allowed on the track whilst people are hot-lapping.

Thumbup
a drift day? guys this is a race simulation, or a cruise server ...

"drift day" pls, however everyone has his opinion.

the one with the blue flag sounds okay.

What the drifters do not matter to me the main thing is to stay away from the track,

the complete layout is available, but on layout is iligal and can be punished, then I would suggest that we allow the cops to drive on the track and catch them.

And if that's the case, we do not need to drive hotlaps anymore.
Titan, you're not thinking of the people that actually want to use the track for drifting. If needs be incorporate a course car/safety car license and fine people who don't adhere to the track rules.
To be honest, I am fine with drifting, as long as those people who are drifting watch the map and move over if hotlappers are near. Sadly that doesnt happen, maybe tighten the rule that you have to move over for faster cars, even if they are only on their warm up lap?
it's an open track day essentially, so if you don't get a clean lap with no traffic that's just unfortunate. My opinion is still the same for drifting.
(2018-01-24 11:38)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]guys this is a race simulation, or a cruise server ...

Race and drift were the first one's that got picked up on LFS, cruise was introduced just later. At this point I just think you want to restrict people from having fun on this server, or is it just natural to come up with rules that favor specific people with their special needs? :/
IMO drifting should not be forbidden, as what Mouseman said. Everyone should have their right to do what they think is enjoyable, as long as they aren't ruining it for the others. It's pretty simple for me as it is right now - Can drift on the track, but try to avoid blocking hot-lap traffic.

And if you're really that pissed that there's other traffic on the track with slower cars/drivers, there's usually another server that has little to no traffic at all in the whole server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's