[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - forcHma - Report (Report Archived by Spark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username: smallhail741

Their LFS username(s): forcHma
Their in-game nickname(s): [COP]forcHma

Main reason(s): Moving & Illegal Roadblock

Replay and/or screenshot link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/la9c4xp6oo...r+tazx.mpr (Thanks Ephwurd)

Replay timestamps:
Timestamps are relative, normally starts a few seconds before point of interest.

1:56:40 Joins chase, places roadblock shortly after. Small conversation straight after roadblock.

2:01:20 - notable response from forcHma here, I pause chase with other cop and try and try and make my point of the command of a roadblock was used and he drove whilst I was in sight.

2:02:54 - Roba makes a very good comment of why was the command used if not a roadblock (chat logs will show at some point he stated it was not a block)

2:03:33 - Roba states it was not requested or informed in cop chat, therefore making it a random roadblock which would be against 4.5 if not requested.

2:08:25 - Chase ends, very slow and annoying dialect begins. until around 2:28-ish (Chat logs would probably be better for this) - forcHma states at some point in this time that there was no problem with what he did, and even after being informed of stuff from the cop guide, still believed he was not in the wrong... His attitude towards the situation, especially when I said I didn't think it was report worthy was inadequate at best... Hence why I've since decided to bring this to attention as it is to get some closure.

Description of incident (inc date & time):
18:05 GMT (ish) 28/01/2018

forcHma joined the chase about 5 seconds before the block was placed just before the entrance to Pit Lane 1; I was at the top of the road on this time. He then proceeded to wait a second or two before proceeding to move into the road, stopping and then typing !rb+ 8 to have a block in front of him... This was not requested by cop 1 (as far as I'm aware, I did ask.) and looking from his view, he was at a complete stop, right before I came into view, he put his foot down and drove through his block. When asked about the block after the chase, his comments were that it was not a problem or a roadblock as he had not positioned himself in the way. He did not seem to be interested either in the fact he had then broken the rules to move when I was in sight (claimed he had stopped, was down at like 1-3MPH for 0.5 seconds until I went past.)

Before I had read the server rules I was under the assumption that the cop guide (which in some cases are quoted more than the Server Rules in reference to copping) was quite unclear, although now reading the rules, it shows that no matter the situation the whole roadblock was illegal.

PLEASE READ BEFORE REVIEWING:
This in my opinion is less of a report, more of a disagreement regarding the rules.

In this situation, forcHma has claimed that although there was no roadblock requested his roadblock was legal (the guide does not quite disagree nor agree) and there was quite a few conflicting opinions on the server, with even b e n n i (lamerr) stating that if you're in the chase you can roadblock without request.

Neither rules nor the guide say otherwise, however if to take this sentence "Other units inside or outside of the chase may set up roadblocks upon request of the cops within the chase." (Manual - https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=m...lice_guide) literally, you would work on the theory that unless requested it's not legal. I believe Rule 4.5 does clarify it a bit more in the sense of, if it's not requested it's not legal, but the guide is a bit of a grey area, to the point of where experienced veteran cops (in this case, b e n n i) believes that a roadblock of the sort shown in replay, is legal.

Now I am definitely not contesting that his movement after placing the block was legal, for that it most definitely was not, under any circumstances... I'm just hoping that for the sake of mine and other members sanity, that the rules be clarified, especially in this situation.

Sorry for the massive essay on this, but I feel that if un-clarified could create a mindset of "oh the rules are unclear, I'll do it" within TC.
This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.
Hello,

I'd like to apologize for the wait. After reviewing this for a rather extensive amount of time, a decision has been made to not take any action against forcHma, there are a number of reasons why we think so.
  • The user didn't affect your chase in anyway at all.
  • Although forcHma did move when you were in sight, he didn't endanger you or any other cop in chase, infact he actually helped you as he drove through the roadblock and made a gap for you.
  • Although the cops in chase weren't happy with the way he setup a roadblock and failed to inform them, there is no rule that states that he has to, perhaps a cop that is present in the chase may setup a roadblock at any given time and isn't obliged to inform others, even though it would have been nice to do so.

Regarding the following quote located in the manual; "Other units inside or outside of the chase may set up roadblocks upon request of the cops within the chase." It doesn't say you may not setup a roadblock if you are in that chase as it wouldn't be right. So to make this clear, if you are in a chase, you may setup a roadblock at any given time, so long as it is safe and suspect isn't in your sight.

I will bring this up to the Management Team to review the roadblock section in the Manual, if you have any further questions, you are more than welcome to contact me via our PM system.

No action has been taken as explained
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's