[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: P2P car renting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that with the new TC World website, we should be able to rent out our vehicles to others as an alternate means of making money, as well as letting other people try out cars they just want to drive for a short time/figuring out what they want to own. Instead of the normal, and honestly boring "drive-out-of-pits-with-a-car-you-don't-own" rental system, it should be a dedicated thing. Here's what I'm proposing:

Player X = a person renting out their vehicle to the public
Player Y = a person renting X's vehicle

-X sets aside a vehicle (they must have 2 to start with) that they won't need to use and are willing to let other players rent.
-X lists the maximum total time (regardless of whether renter is on or offline) and distance per rental. The renter can sign up to rent the vehicle for either a time or distance up to the corresponding limit. When the renter exceeds
-X also lists the price per hour or day (depending on the max total time they set), OR lists the price per distance (like 10 euros per km for exotic cars, or 5 euros per 10 km for cheap cars).
-This data would be listed on a new page on [TC] World, perhaps named "Rentals"

-Y types a command ingame to rent a car of their choice that they see on [TC] World. Maybe "/rent [VIN] [rentalUnits]" with rentalUnits being the amount pricing units that X used in their listing (kilometers, minutes, hours, days, etc) and rentalUnits being the agreed maximum.
-Y must return the car manually, in a safe zone, BEFORE Y hits the agreed maximum rental time/distance. If Y does not, 1000 euros more will be transferred from Y's to X's account the car will be automatically returned to X.

Tell me what you guys think of this idea. I thought it would be quite an interesting idea that should be considered.
https://turo.com - Basically this if anyone watches Doug De Muro. I think it's a +1 from me
Nice detail. However, I personally think it sounds like a lot of work for virtually no gain.
The details may need tweaking but the overall idea is good. It'll give people something to spend money on and a little more role play. IRL renting cars from private owners is pretty popular.
I like the idea, I have around 5 cars over 90% condition (XRT, FZ5, FXO, RAC, XFG) that I cant see myself getting down to 0%.

Needs tweaking but is a nice idea!
I don't see this having that much use after the initial hype. Most people will just buy the car(s) they need, since they don't cost that must even to start with. I'm with BP on this one, it sounds like it needs a lot of Chuck's work and effort to get this working and doesn't seem to have any big gains. Same with the 'Classified' ads, I rarely see them being used anymore.
Good but maybe for another server. Whats the point from usual renting people can just make the prices higher and rent that. Rent cars are usually in goverment firms so maybe if usual renting gets removed but only then with two rent options will look kinda ridicolous.
Reference URL's