[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G25 vs G27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys!
I need someone who has G25 and G27 wheel.
I wanna know which one is better and why
Someone has both of them?
Waiting for replies!
had both, the G27 is alot quieter and feels a bit smoother, the pedals on both are the same (trash, my G27 pedals are still pretty much bnib). G25 shifter has a sequential mode on it while the g27 shifter doesn't, though it does have some resistance when you change gears, which feels nice. G27 wheel has 4 more buttons (3 on either side) where the G25 only has 1 on each side.
I had G25 (my brother) and I actually have G27.

After 4 years, lot of hard use, lots of hours of fun, G27 makes lot of noise. But I have to say, that I make the same noise as G25 with half of use, so.. It's a +1 on G27.

G25 have H shifter, and up/down too, which can be good for fast cars, but I don't have them, and enjoyed the same with the buttons of the wheel. So... here, 0 or +1 to G25.

To sum up, if it's your first wheel, I think that If I were you, I will buy G25, "destroy it", and then jump to something better and expensive.
It won't be my first wheel, I had G25 years ago but I havent any contact with G27, thats why im asking you
So I will buy G27 in some time I think so
Thanks boyz!!
Oh, then, now that we know that you owned it, why you're looking for a G27?

There are better options (expensive too), like Thurstmaster (I didn't used them, but on the forum you can find some guides and experiences).
G27 for the win.
I had g25 years ago, now im driving on mouse and thats why im looking for g27
I dont want to spend so much money on wheel atm, maybe later i will look for some thrustmaster or Fanatec, we will see i n the future
(2018-02-28 11:13)blacky Wrote: [ -> ]I had g25 years ago, now im driving on mouse and thats why im looking for g27
I dont want to spend so much money on wheel atm, maybe later i will look for some thrustmaster or Fanatec, we will see i n the future

Is not better to wait and save some more money and buy that other brand wheel? I think buying something which is not realy cheap, play a few months and then buy something much more expensive is not realy clever.
In Poland G27 isnt that cheap :'(
(2018-02-28 11:58)blacky Wrote: [ -> ]In Poland G27 isnt that cheap :'(

it was meant G27 is expensive and then you want to buy something which is more expensive. Save some money, play on mouse a bit longer and then buy a more expensive wheel.
The quality on G27's varies a lot, I wouldn't recommend one if you like to drive with high force feed back. I have broken 3-4 G27's under warranty and my current one is also broken (unfortunately out of warranty, bought it just before i stopped playing LFS for a while), but it works decently enough on low FFB settings. Imo the quality of Logitech products is quite bad. If you are looking for a more "reliable" wheel, I would turn towards other brands such as Thrustmasters.
When you play a lot of time with G27 its force become weak counter to G25. I think G25 quality is better than G27, the life span of G25 is older. The only feature that G27 perform better than G25 is the noise, G25 sounds is very annoying.

I recommend you to buy G25 =)
G25 is really loud...
Hmm, now I think I will wait more time, save more money and then buy somethink better
Thanks!!!
(2018-02-28 14:36)ShiBoBa Wrote: [ -> ]When you play a lot of time with G27 its force become weak counter to G25. I think G25 quality is better than G27, the life span of G25 is older. The only feature that G27 perform better than G25 is the noise, G25 sounds is very annoying.

I recommend you to buy G25 =)

G27 has more useful buttons on wheels

i bought my wheel used and it has been with me for 2+ years and it's still legit Smile

didn't try G25 tho, cant tell, but to invlove G29 here, ye i see that G27 and G25 live a lot more
G29 weak af
I think if you have no money G27 will be better since it is newer and should last for longer than a G25 which might be 3-4 years older already. I assume you are looking to buy a used wheel.

I have had a couple of G27's and they've all been nice. It's a fine wheel for the price, but nowhere near some of the more expensive models.
Downsides are :
- Physically small wheel
- Wiring mess everywhere
- Software sucks on Windows 10 (Uses Logitech's old 'Gaming Profiler' instead of the newer LGS)

But those are minor things, and all in all it's a nice set.
T150 + G25/G27 Shifter + USB Adapter Logitech + T3PA (3pedals pack) = Pro GG
GT4tube buy me this pls! Heart
I've been driving a g27 for around 4 years now and I bought it used, so god knows how old it actually is. When I got it, a lot of people warned about high force feedback breaking their wheels so my ffb has been pretty low (65% profiler setting and around 20 in lfs i think). Still works like a charm, except the wheels' clamps broke a few months ago, but they're plastic, so that's acceptable Biggrin (Now i have 2 holes in my desk) And maybe it has gotten a bit louder, but other than that I've had no problems with it what so ever Smile
I will wait for "free money" in my pocket
Then I will check how much I can spend on wheel
And then I will decide what wheel
Thanks for everyone who replied here
love you guys!
Heart
Neither, get a T300.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's