[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Nova's really good layouts (Blkwood Sub-Update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Based off the constant rambling of the Industry Lane usage, and of course, this latest kefuffle http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid259699

I've gone ahead and done something I left out on the previous, original thread.
This idea/change can be taken solo, away from the rest of the ideas in the other thread, so yep, only change are the ones you see in the pictures. (@BP)

[Image: 39d8d2d43928a8d4ef046b31caf24680.jpg]
[Image: 6da09199cb78a5b925397df12566af69.jpg]

The 2nd junction has been converted into a 3-way T-junction, with the route heading to storage yard being cut out. This is to encourage drivers to utilise the left and right sides of the Industrial park (Lyon road, etc). Also, it will spread out traffic a whole lot more, and diffuse the crowd usually seen parading along one single road Smile
The idea is not to make the entire map full of cars, as it will never happen. My idea is to at least create a "butterfly" flow round both ends of the industrial park that will increase overall road usage, instead of just the single Industry Lane that everyone uses!

[Image: 3ee0bba15816c490d10ef345d3b9dccf.jpg]
[Image: ea6dc3ff8a24cd61962a61338d7f5ec6.jpg]

In doing so, an incentive created is the new design for the pit area. It is now more formalised into a alley road, with 2 stops (less fighting) and more space.

"But wait!" you may ask. Where do I pit along the Industry Lane?
Remember the small, unused pit box on the left of the main junction?
[Image: af291f4fc92513914df3d8d60d47268b.png]

With two lots, it will be far more easier to use, and encourage driving on that side of the map too!

I hope I touched base with everything. Do leave comments or feedback on this design, as it will definitely help fine tune stuff (like placement, road design etc).
Thank you all for your support!

Cheers

*p.s
If you dislike the entire idea just because you wish to money hog on Industry Lane, or because you wish to do speedruns - think about the other people you drive with.
I think you should try Industry Lane as a one-way road from RB. That's what I thought you were working on
(2018-03-04 16:41)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I thought you were working on

Assuming? Sad.

I'd be interested in seeing Industry Lane as one way too though.
(2018-03-04 16:41)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should try Industry Lane as a one-way road from RB. That's what I thought you were working on

I wasn't given that as an idea earlier on though. Sad

Hmm, I could try, but then if it is indeed one way, then we'll have two lanes going one direction, and then every (other) street alongside it will be two way?
Wouldn't it cause a bit of confusion for those who have never seen a one way street tho?
Reference URL's