[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Turning back on Car Ageing in Market.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The car market, cheap, mid to low condition cars, is what it should be. Its not this right now however, nowhere near it. A brief check shows the most listed car is the XRG with OVER 100 CARS ON THE MARKET FOR IT (*)

This wouldn't be an issue much if they were low condition but the lowest for EACH CAR ON MARKET is as follows:

UF1: 94% - 5076
XFG: 90.1% - 7295
XRG: 89.7% - 7667
LX4: 96.4% - 12145
LX6: 99.5% - 22381
FXO: 63.9% - 10924
RAC: 92.6% - 24995
XFR: 82.6% - 81753
MRT: 94.4% - 33999
Total cost: 206235 (**)

I'm not going to point any fingers but there are players with the new classifieds system will snipe any low condition cars off the market, mark them up for silly amounts and still manage to sell them.

At this rate the market will be fully saturated with high condition (95%+) GTIs and UF1s that nobody will end up buying or even buying them and using them for 5% then re-selling.

I'm proposing we turn the ageing back on for market so the fluidity of being able to get cheaper, lower condition cars that'll do for 1k km or maybe less can live once again, instead of having to snipe the low condition cars or pay silly markups for them.

Thanks for reading
-Huski

(*) - Stat gained at different date to posting
(**) - Stat gained upon date of posting, might not be accurate in the short term.
I totally agree with this, all I see on the market is pretty much brand new cars.

It would be nice to buy a cheap runner to thrash for a few kms, and maybe even get a cheap FZ5! Biggrin
+1. Agree with you fully, Huski.
Please add a poll
edit: added it for you
(2018-04-13 06:46)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Please add a poll
edit: added it for you

I done did a forget, thanks for adding it!

Also thanks for the feedback from everyone!
More low cond cars should be made appear more. +
I do not think it'll change much, most cars will get wiped out immediately (since most cars have been hanging around since quite some time), 50+ players join on average every 2 weeks (increasing demand) and cars rarity will become another factor to consider and will promote:

Quote:players with the new classifieds system will snipe any low condition cars off the market, mark them up for silly amounts and still manage to sell them.

And I think they shouldn't be blamed for it, it's the system that's put in place allowing such things to happen.

Oh and, if this is ever coming back, (Which probably will after looking at the poll) servicing cars should be more frequent on cars that lost condition due to them being stagnant in the market.
I do think there should be a little more of a balance, but I would not want cheap cars to be easily obtainable. So I'm voting no on the poll for that reason.
Low cond cars on market +1
The lack of cheap cars and people trading/dealing cars that are low condition increases their value and prestige .
Also it adds a human interaction to buying/selling cars which increases involvement into the server, this aspect cannot be bought.
We already had car aging in the market ,why not try enhancing Car Dealer role itself
No for me.
Reference URL's