[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G29 vs G920 vs TMX Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kinda going through a dilemma right now. In about 2 weeks time i will have the money to purchase either 3 of these wheels. All of those wheels are about 200 pounds (not looking to spend any more than 200 pounds). But i'm kinda stuck on which one would be decent on the long run. Although Logitech are praised to be one of the best in terms of reliability. Some people were saying the G920 had some compatibility issue with PC which why i have added the G29 into my options (and it has extra buttons yay!). I've also added the Thrustmaster TMX Pro into my option because a lot of people have said that the FFB is nicer. But im unsure about the reliability of Thurstmaster's product.

Can someone help me with which to get?

*the Logitech wheel i was looking at comes with a shifter and its 180 pounds*
I would highly advise you to avoid the G920 if you're going to be using it on PC. My mate bought one of these and it was shit, if truth be told. He returned it and got a G27 instead, which is much better. I've heard G29s are pretty good though Smile
TMX Pro.
I use the normal TMX, i had some problems with the one i got first, but i guess that was only for that single model, since the one i got now works perfectly fine. I can really recommend the wheel itself since it can be driven pretty aggressively as well, and i'm pretty sure you can't do that with a G920. The G920 tends to skip a gear when done so (heard from a friend of mine). But then again, if you have the little extra budget, maybe you could get a used T300.

And also, I think Thrustmaster > Logitech in this case.
Well I've got a G29 and I'm pretty satisfied. Reliable, no compatibility problems/bug/braks whatsoever, so far I'm happy with it and probably won't change until a few more years.
My friend got a g920 for his pc, works well, only problem he had was that it for some reason didn't work over usb3.0. I got my g27 used years ago, works like a charm to this day (Only the clamps broke, but they're plastic so it's ok Biggrin). Only thing with the g920 is that the shifter doesn't have any buttons so the hand brake is hard to use. Don't know anything about TMX though.
Reference URL's