[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Traffic Control Units?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I thought of a half decent idea that id like to share with everyone. Ive been active on the TC servers for the last 3 weeks straight and ive noticed that the TC admin have been doing a lot of 'roadworks' to the track. i was hoping to suggest that there be a license to become a Traffic worker as such. So the worker will be mandatory at all Roadworks and could get paid depending on how long they are there. So they would be in charge of setting up all the necessary signs and are required to be at the start or the worked on section with either the TC lights app on or have their hazard lights on just as a warning style like in real life? And once the roadworks is complete they will be in charge of testing and removing all the signs and opening up the road safely again? Please feel free to let me know what you all think? Is this a good idea? Is it not? i cant wait to see what everyone thinks Smile Ive attached a few pictures for you to get some sort of idea to what im saying
Sorry but it's already chaos with medics/rescues being able to place two ramps. Sad
Good idea, but only on the paper.
I like the style of the idea,

But it reminds me of HWA
I like the concept of this idea, but I agree with Elgen that it sort of reminds me of the HwA role. COPs can place roadblocks too, and sometimes, when a [TC] member is roleplaying as a [HwA], they can request a COP to place a roadblock to help traffic come to a halt.

For Traffic Control Units ([TCU]), the tag looks extremely similar to the [VCU] tag (Vehicle Crime Unit) which is also a role for [TC] members only.
i can understand what you mean by saying its similar to the HwA, but not everyone can join TC to become that you know what i mean? and the tag doesnt have to be TCU, it could be RWC (roadwork command) or RHU (road Hazard Unit), there are a lot of different names it could be?
It is an good idea on the paper as mentioned, but when 90% of the MED/TOW's use !winch today, you do not even get time to set it up before someone have already use !winch instantly.

This role as mentioned also reminds us of the HwA role, and the HwA role is reserved for TC members only.

https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=m...ays_Agency
Manual Wrote:The main role of our Highways Agency Traffic Officers is securing the scene and traffic control at incidents and announcing live layout edits, such as roadworks or diversions.
Reference URL's