[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban (reduction) request (Ban Reduced by Carl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: CX883

- Time & Date of Incident: June 12th, 2018 around 3pm UTC

- Replay / Screenshot Link:
- Replay Timestamps:

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve an unban and why you feel your unban request was unfairly denied:
I saw that I was banned 120 days for ramming and ignoring sirens/interfering with chase.

For the ramming, I have made it a habit to apologize to the player every single time I made contact with them. I just bought a new FXO and am still testing the limits of the car, so it sucks if I make contact with other players, but I do make sure I apologize to them. Some players may not like the fact that I crashed into them at the end of the day and went ahead to report me, but I still apologized so I have done my part to remedy the situation. I really hope this does not contribute to the length of my ban.

As for ignoring sirens/interfering with chase, I was speeding up behind a chase and unfortunately when I realized that there were sirens and a chase in front of me, I was already too close to them so I chose to maybe past them quickly and just get out of their way. Unfortunately the cop saw me coming down on his right side and so he appeared to choose to cut in front of me in an attempt to block me from passing him. We got into a disagreement about his manoveur afterwards.

Thinking back, I believe that it was my mistake for not being more alert and realize that there was a siren and chase ahead of me, I would have braked a lot earlier if I did and not interfere with the chase. But still, this is the first time I have been faced with a siren/chase situation during my time at this game. I feel that a 120 day ban is a bit harsh for a situation/mistake I have barely encountered in the past (I have not been playing this game for long). I recognize that I was still in a wrong for attempting to pass the chase, which is why I hope the length of the ban could perhaps be reduced if not unbanned entirely. If possible, I will make it an effort to be a lot more careful from now on with sirens.

Administrator Message by: Carl

Thread moved to correct area.
I have acknowledged your request
Please be patient during this review, I will reply in due course.
(2018-06-13 00:00)CX883 Wrote: [ -> ]For the ramming, I have made it a habit to apologize to the player every single time I made contact with them. I just bought a new FXO and am still testing the limits of the car, so it sucks if I make contact with other players, but I do make sure I apologize to them.

Your initial response was to jump back to pits and then blame the other cars for "stopping on the highway". You didn't actually apologise for your mistake here until probably 5-10 minutes after the replay ended, even then you seem to be blaming the cars stopping on the highway.

(2018-06-13 00:00)CX883 Wrote: [ -> ]As for ignoring sirens/interfering with chase, I was speeding up behind a chase and unfortunately when I realized that there were sirens and a chase in front of me, I was already too close to them so I chose to maybe past them quickly and just get out of their way.

2018-06-12 12:45:36 UTC One (Montana) cx883 43Kadri : e[cop]hysiology - going back on topic, i never interfered with your chase

I'm glad you've acknowledged that you did interfere, but at the time you did not.

(2018-06-13 00:00)CX883 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately the cop saw me coming down on his right side and so he appeared to choose to cut in front of me in an attempt to block me from passing him.

1.5. Stay away from chases.
Let suspects and cops pass and give them room for manoeuvring. Do not follow or overtake chases. If a chase gets closer, stay passive, slow down and wait until the situation is over. Do not help the suspect or the police.

After your attempted overtake you continued to hang around this cop and disrupt him further by overtaking other traffic stops. At this point he has given you plenty of warning about the rules but your attitude doesn't change. He was trying to help you understand the rules but you just kept shooting him down with inappropriate comments.

I hope this explains why a ban was necessary. Since you are now understanding I'll be willing to reduce your ban by about 30% if you agree. Please reply below and I can do that for you. I won't be completely unbanning you because this isn't your first time failing to follow the basic rules, please bare that in mind.
(2018-06-13 10:14)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are now understanding I'll be willing to reduce your ban by about 30% if you agree. Please reply below and I can do that for you. .

Ok, I acknowledge. Thanks for reviewing.
Thanks, all sorted. Your new length is 83 days and will end on: (Ends: 2018-09-05).

Your ban has been reduced as described
Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.
Reference URL's