[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TOW/RES Min charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I was chatting with some guys who are TOW/RES who are frustrated with the fact that some people request tow/winch support and don't pay for rescuer's efforts. I suggest a min charge for a completed !respond that way these guys actually have an incentive to help others. This might attract more tow/res drivers to play the role as well. I've been on TC for 10 years now and I still haven't gone through the effort of getting a tow/med license because of this...and also because I always help those who really need it. Min charge of 50 euro plus whatever the person feels like donating once the task is complete.
I believe that would be very useful and would encourage a lot of new players to get a job and help out. Also would even out the odds of having so many cops online during the day.
hey there [STCynn] here. i second this notion. I enjoy helping others but i also agree if winch is used, there should be a payment for the usage. it cost currency to acquire it so it makes some sense. also Racetrack rescues should have something implemented as well . just food for thought :}
Hello everyone!
in first place I want to say, sorry for my english.
I been played as tow and I feel some frustrated, I erned more mony driving carefully with a xrg than a tow. wen I started playing a didn't for the money, but its too many for nothing.
I'd play for 3 day erning money to be chased!
I love this server
What happens when you agree upon a fee prior to the winch? People should hold up their end of the deal.
And TBH I thought people were decent with their donations when being helped.
Quote: Payments
As TOW you may ask for a payment for your service, but that must be declared and agreed before you start doing anything.

Using a command to get a car back in track isn't a hard job, I guess it's reflected in the donations.

I've been a medic for few times recently and I didn't find the donation ratio to be bad. As long your job is done correctly.

Saying this without hard feelings: the tow/med/res jobs are a choice, not an obligation. If you find it unfair, feel free to adapt your gameplay by either agreeing a payment before or any thing else.

If you allow me to speak my mind: those jobs are based on the will to help others, not collecting donations.

Edit: Also, if somebody speaks about the price of the winch. At the long term it's not much and it's an optional tool.
i think all meds/tows should be paid a minimum quantity as said before (50 euros for example),i think this will be a good way to promote this jobs and it can also makes people drive a little bit safer,just because the help will not be free.
(2018-06-20 10:27)Bruno_G Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Payments
As TOW you may ask for a payment for your service, but that must be declared and agreed before you start doing anything.

Using a command to get a car back in track isn't a hard job, I guess it's reflected in the donations.

I've been a medic for few times recently and I didn't find the donation ratio to be bad. As long your job is done correctly.

Saying this without hard feelings: the tow/med/res jobs are a choice, not an obligation. If you find it unfair, feel free to adapt your gameplay by either agreeing a payment before or any thing else.

If you allow me to speak my mind: those jobs are based on the will to help others, not collecting donations.

Edit: Also, if somebody speaks about the price of the winch. At the long term it's not much and it's an optional tool.

I know using a command isn't much, but not all TOW/RES have the winch, and sometimes flipping a car back on it's tires can take a while. And not all tows are winch situations. sometimes cars run out of gas, they get damaged enough that the drive wheels aren't contacting the ground requiring a push to a pit box which can also take a long time or they can simply be stuck in deep sand and need a push to go. 50 euros for roadside assistance isn't much for the person who needs help and it would definitely add more players to the role.
Sure, donations are nice, but I dont think you should MED/RES/TOW to make money.
I appreciate the donations, and honestly, its a bit frustrating when you push someone back to the pits for almost 8 minutes, you get a "thx" and no compensation. But, afaik, it's not an obligation to give money. For TOW thats a different story, but I have never seen a price being negotiated, and I say that with 130.000 kms on the server.

What helps though in the MED/RES role, you are not allowed to speed in the rules. (I mean, you can get your rights revoked if you break rules too often.) So if you play MED/RES for some time and stick to speedlimit, you will get a fair amount of money just by driving, because you nearly always get the maximum payout insim gives every 5 seconds.
As Marty said, I do not MED/RES for the money off other players, it's more of a I know I can't speed so therefore I'm making more money.

Yes donations are nice, and it states in the guide(?) that if you want any payment for a tow job it is to be agreed with by both parties before doing said job.

In my opinion a "standard charge" could end up costing a heavy amount, and is a kick in the teeth for players who are not at fault.

TL;dr - I do it for the fun and not the money, it could be very costly on some tracks and a nuisance to players, and I feel that some would rather just lose a trip instead of pay a standardized charge. However as in the Payments section, feel free to agree an amount, then "technically" they're bound to it and have to pay it, easier way to do it.
All valid points but I quite like the idea of a nominal fee on completion of the job.
Reference URL's