[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Make "wtf" fineable for swearing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is getting so irritating when many "salty" players get in contact with something that they don't seem to like, the first response is: "wtf","WTF?!", "WTF" etc.
WTF already contains a fineable swear word, so why not make "WTF" fineable too?

Vote in poll.
It only has one offending letter (f) so nah. Also means we'd have to fine for "ffs" and other stuff, and it is too easy to go way too far with it.
The difference is that the word "f" and all its different forms is used at 99.5% to insult someone else on the server, to be disrespectful or such, whereas "wtf" can be used in many other situations, such as an impromptu event: an accident, some funny things, etc. It is also not meant (in most cases) to be vulgar but to express something that happened.

And actually I've never received an answer similar as you described, if the "offender" did not want to talk to me he'd either insulted me or simply ignored me

EDIT: Voted no
What the *Removed* is not allowed.
wtf is allowed.

fk is not allowed.

Eh? Never rly understood it. Can be annoying indeed if people yell "WTF" after a crash -> Hello TRAIN.
WTF= Welcome to Finland, didn't you guys know?
Yet some other words are allowed
The letter “f” in itself isn’t really enough to be fined. You could easily argue it could mean ‘fudge’. Albeit it is the same as putting ‘*’ instead of a letter and saying it means something else. The swear fine is intended for people who purposefully avoid the swear filter when using full words as opposed to abbreviations such as WTF.

To clarify: the swear fIne is only used for the most serious of swear words.
lol @Tibe.

it's fine.

Dont worry @DodoG sir
Don't forget that the swear filter alone does not define what's allowed and what's not.

The rules require to uphold a certain level of language. Using terms like ffs or wtf occasionally seems alright to me as long they're used in a healthy balance. Same goes for "shit" or "fudge you" or other similar words. But the frequency of such words must be in a healthy relationship to the rest of the conversation. People who use them for every occasion definitely need to be talked to.
But that is not the job for the swear-filter, the swear filter only tells you which words we simply not want to see in the chat and as the rules say, the 1000€ fine is simply a polite reminder to avoid those words, it is not the actual punishment for improper language.
nah

5char
What the fish
Suggestion rejected.
Your suggestion has been rejected or is unlikely to be implemented as described.
i use f when i want say forward and now i get 1000 penalty, whether I should laugh.
the penalties are more expensive, and wages are not more expensive, if anyone is clawdy,whether I think?
I use "wtf" when I'm surprised.
This post.
wtf
Reference URL's