[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New Fines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again everyone Smile im here to suggest that we revamp the fine system? i believe that it would add more realism if there was a way that more fines could be added aswell as defects for your car. so if you we drifting and popped a tire, you could get fined for having a defectable vehicle. same as extreme damage, you can get defected for that? also i think that fines like being too low or high should be implemented if possible? another feature i think that should try to be added is a new license called the Department of Main Roads or department of motor vehicles like in real life. and if there is a way that a system could be added for them to have their own infringement notices and a way or 'inspecting' the car and randomly getting defected. Also an addition to the new license, you could have a lower chance of getting defected if you service your car frequently and fix the problems?? let me know what you guys and girls all think Smile thank you
Denial Wrote:i believe that it would add more realism if there was a way that more fines could be added aswell as defects for your car. so if you we drifting and popped a tire, you could get fined for having a defectable vehicle. same as extreme damage, you can get defected for that?

http://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=ma...n=finelist
"Operating an unsafe vehicle" is finable under "Careless Driving".

Denial Wrote:also i think that fines like being too low or high should be implemented if possible?

I don't get what you mean.

Denial Wrote:another feature i think that should try to be added is a new license called the Department of Main Roads or department of motor vehicles like in real life. and if there is a way that a system could be added for them to have their own infringement notices and a way or 'inspecting' the car and randomly getting defected. Also an addition to the new license, you could have a lower chance of getting defected if you service your car frequently and fix the problems?? let me know what you guys and girls all think Smile thank you

Sounds like quite a big gameplay change which IMO would be more of a hindrance than anything else.
Some interesting ideas there. Some COPs don't really use the fine list to their full advantage when it comes to copping and this may be why you are suggesting something that technically exists. Careless driving covers a lot of things. Smile

Cool idea about the new license but I just can't see that working tbh.
As soon as you mentioned defects I had a feeling you were Aussie Tongue
Like Carl said though, Careless Driving does cover quite a lot of things so I don't think there's a big need for adding more.
Interesting how this thread got lots of exposure, anyhow I found the OP to be too abstract, here are some ideas:
  • The system should select the severity of the fine (not by the COP), based on the amount of chases the player had in a certain period of time.
  • Fines should be progressive, as per each player's fortune.
hi Denial
We do not want to develop in fines. But we want more jobs. For example, a person who transfers money with some police to another bank has another idea, a monthly salary that works on the number of days he works. The player who wants to enter and play as much time as possible to make . Monthly salary depends on the rank of the person money ( Clarifying that the intended money is not real money but inside the game) .

Administrator Message by: BP

It's quite hard to read posts which have numerous random colours. Default colour should work for posts like these. Also, what you're suggesting here has nothing to do with OP's suggestion so please make sure your posts are on topic - thanks!
An idea (dunno if its been suggested before. If so, I couldn't find it via search)

Make sub-menus for the fines, and there you can choose from the variety of offenses, according to what offense the driver commited.

Example: You pull over a driver who ignored road markings and crossed a red light (carelessly in this case), so when you fine him, you select Careless Driving and from the submenu (could open in another window to save space) the red light and ignoring road markings are selected, it's shown on the fine GUI of the driver (but in chat it remains as Careless Driving (30-60-100), to leave it simpler).
Reference URL's