[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Unban Request (Unban Request Granted by Adrian)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS Username: ehetzip

Time & Date of Incident: 2018-11-08 12:26

Replay / Screenshot Link: https://uploadir.com/uploads/hz8w75ld/downloads/new
Replay Timestamps: 1:25:49 - 1:34:19

Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

I am aware that "arab-drifting" is no longer allowed and although I was using an arabic looking skin (which is my main XFG skin for years) and setup, my sliding can barely be classed as arab drifting.
It was executed with alot of care about other cruisers, no constant sliding all the way across both lanes and mostly only in corners. So there was no much difference to "normal" drifting wich is classed as legal.

Timestamps in detail: (Click to View)
All of the above can be seen performed by "normal" XRT drifters aswell and apart from two timestamps it is very questionable to class this as arab drifting.
Even if those two are called arabdrifting the banlength of 14 days (initially 2 months) is ridicolous compared to other administrative actions against arabic drifters who get told off dozens of times before they even get a warning.
Hence I feel this action was taken based on personal feelings and is unjustified. Please review and make an objective decision, preferably unbanning me as i've already served two days now.

Side note: The replay was saved and uploaded by gt4tube
The administrator who originally issued your ban has been notified
Please be patient whilst this request is reviewed.
Sorry, but I cannot agree that your sliding can be barely classed as arab drifting, while you were arab drifting nearly all the time (excepct corner drifts, which are acceptable and wouldn't result in any admin action).
I appreciate that you were cautious while doing so, however rules state that arab drifting can be performed in stunt zones only. Nothing says that you can do it outside stunt zones when being cautious.
Warnings are given mainly to players who are new and/or have clear URS history, since there is high chance they are not even aware of the rules. None of these apply to you, you also admitted yourself in this unban request that you knew it was not allowed.
Also, as you noticed in your timestamps, I gave so quite much time to realize I'm watching. However this didn't bother you at all and you continued to arab drift.
(2018-08-14 07:51)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I cannot agree that your sliding can be barely classed as arab drifting, while you were arab drifting nearly all the time (excepct corner drifts, which are acceptable and wouldn't result in any admin action).
I appreciate that you were cautious while doing so, however rules state that arab drifting can be performed in stunt zones only. Nothing says that you can do it outside stunt zones when being cautious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafheet

"Arab Drifting, Saudi Drifting, or Middle East drifting, known in Arab countries as Tafheet (تفحيط), or Hajwalah (هجولة), is an illegal street racing–like phenomenon believed to have started in the late 1970s that involves trying to "drift" cars; to drive cars that are generally non-modified factory-setup rental cars at very high speeds, around 160–260 km/h (100–160 mph), across wide highways throwing the car left and right. In the process, racers often drive dangerously close to traffic, barriers, and spectators"

As you can see in my replay: No highspeed, no traffic (I even moved for traffic if there was any), no wild moves across all the road, just normal drifting. If I would have done this in an XRT or FZ5, no one would have bothered.

(2018-08-14 07:51)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]Warnings are given mainly to players who are new and/or have clear URS history, since there is high chance they are not even aware of the rules. None of these apply to you

First of all I dont recall getting warned for arab drifting at all. In fact, I dont remember getting into any trouble, except my stupid ban half a year ago and a warning for pushing someone as a cop that did not move for sirens.
However, I checked the user reporting archive and these are literally the last cases that are similiar, or even worse, even though the reported players aren't newbies and have served quiete some time on the TC servers, yet there punishments have been a LOT lower, than my punishment.

case 1:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=29401
"abo.abed received 7 days ban for arab drifting, talking arabic in main chat and trying to interfere with chase in order to help his friend."
User info of the reported player:
Username: abo.abed
Date joined 2016-11-15
Playing time total 1,074 hours

case 2:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=29322
"psykoze will receive a confirmable warning advising him that arab drifting is not allowed."
Username: psykoze
Date joined 2015-09-23
Playing time total 627 hours

case 3:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=29181
"v8-n6l received confirmable warning for arab drifting and drifting roundabout."
Username: v8-n6l
Date joined 2015-06-14
Playing time total 282 hours

To remember: my original ban lengths was 2 months (now 14 days)
I could go on with these examples, but I do not want to spam this unban request with other cases, as this one is about me.

(2018-08-14 07:51)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]Also, as you noticed in your timestamps, I gave so quite much time to realize I'm watching. However this didn't bother you at all and you continued to arab drift.

I obviously realised this, when I went through the replay. I dont get why you didnt just contact me at that point. If you would have told me to stop I would have done that immediately.
Maybe there was no such highspeed because we don't have long enough highways in LFS?
You don't have to drift close to other traffic to class this as arab drifting. There is "often" word in your definition, which indicates it MAY happen.
The sentence "If I would have done this in an XRT or FZ5, no one would have bothered." is just wrong.
All cases are looked into on case-by-case basis, so others getting lower punishments for similar offence is not a reason to unban you.
(2018-08-15 07:27)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there was no such highspeed because we don't have long enough highways in LFS?

What? There are plenty of roads where you can max out the cars, especially on Jamaica. Underpass to HW1 for example.

Anyways:
I‘d also like to add that „normal“ drifters (and also suspects and cops in chase) wrongway all the time and often cause accidents and ruin chases. According to the rules this is classed as ramming too. Just because they hit their sorry-bind, barely anyone cares, while my drifting did not affect anyones gameplay at all! Now where’s the fairness in that? Shall i from now on report every crash from wrongwayers no matter if they say sorry or not? They willingly take the risk of hitting cruisers/chases which, imho, is way worse than my drifting. At least i‘d expect equal treatment then. A 14 day ban without any warning for something that is questionable, did not give any advantage and did not affect anyone’s gameplay is just way over the top.

Last but not least I’d like to mention that we users are obliged to talk to others before we are able to report someone. Although nowhere mentioned, Doesn’t this go for administrators aswell? You gave me no opportunity to explain myself or explain me the situation. In fact, you did not confront me with what I was doing wrong. All you did was asking "Hey, what are you doing."
It almost looked like you were just waiting for an opportunity to ban me. Same goes for the entire situation btw. The drift that made you spectate me was totally legit around a corner on the correct side of the road. Still you decided to spectate me, just waiting for a tiny breach of the rules.

(2018-08-15 07:27)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]All cases are looked into on case-by-case basis, so others getting lower punishments for similar offence is not a reason to unban you.

Im comparing my driving to other situations and reports to explain why I was convinced that my driving wasnt against the rules and why i feel unfairly treated. As I already said, you could have just told me to stop. Now i know that this kind of driving is also not allowed, so I am obviously very sorry and I won’t be using that setup and that kind of driving anymore.
Regarding the wrongsiders, which you mentioned, "sorry" is not excuse to do it all the time and when someone is doing it too often, feel free to report it, regardless of their apology.

Now about your case: I admit it wasn't my best day and it might have been dealt with better. I'm glad that you understood that this kind of driving is not allowed, I was sure that you, with over 2000 hours of gaming time, knew about it. Make sure you will follow all server rules in future and everything should be ok.

Unban Request Granted
Your account will be unbanned shortly. Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.
Reference URL's