[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Oposite of !report --> e.g. !nice for nice ppl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a !report if some user are going against the rules. So far, so good.

But what about a !nice function to count if some user is nice to another one? Atm you can only see how often you are reportet (and admins can see). That mean it count the punishment, but not if a user is very nice to other users.

Maybe it will be a motivation to every user to be nice to each other to be on the top of a !nice ranking list.

And it maybe help the admins to evaluate things like unban requests or the decide of a kick/ban if they can take a look if the user is mostly a nice user and he only make a single, major mistake or he is not nice at all.
As wholesome as this idea is, I think it's pretty prone to be abused or spammed, which would kind of devalue the ranking part Tongue
Pretty much what Dracula said. There would have to be a lot of planning involved to make sure this feature isn't abused. Even then, it can't really be an "anti-report" command, or anti-any punishment. If someone is being nice to others but is also ramming people or continuously causing crashes, that cannot be excused.
(2018-08-24 14:05)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much what Dracula said. There would have to be a lot of planning involved to make sure this feature isn't abused. Even then, it can't really be an "anti-report" command, or anti-any punishment. If someone is being nice to others but is also ramming people or continuously causing crashes, that cannot be excused.

Maybe the threadtitle was a little bit to get attention. Smile
Well I took it at face-value since it's a suggestion thread and not a buzzfeed article
Kinda reminds me of an idea I had quite a while ago. It was basically about giving somebody a virtual flower (or other symbol), but that symbol cannot just made up. It must be earned i.e. by driving (e.g 1000km) or being online for a certain amount.
However, I quite do like the general spirit of the idea, to reward and acknowledge people. Often enough I see people being nice and helpful for many days and weeks and then get condemned for a trifle.
Cause nobody else want to write something, but I think the idea is worth more than one thinking.

I see the point of abusing it. Maybe we can restricted it?

A User can only give one !nice to a other user every mounth. That would make sure, that every user can get at least one !nice from other users, but it cant be spammed.

Or, even more restriction, every user can only give 3 !nice every mounth at all. That would make a !nice a very worthfull command, cause its rare to give.
Reference URL's