[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Since WinUpdate LFS minimized randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

a few days ago I run the last WinUpdates.

I have now Build 17134 and the Creators Update. Before I haven´t.

Since them my LFS (maybe other games, dont know have no others games atm installed) just randomly minimize.

I took every notifications off. The contacts and the contact notifications are disabled too.

Avast is in quiet mode (no notifications).

Problem is. When it jumps to the desktop, I see only the desktop when I have no other programm (e.g. browser) running. So I can´t see which programm get in the foreground.

I know from talking on server yesterday, that some other user have same issues. Someone have another idea for a solution?
I couldn't comment on LFS but i'm on build 17134 i i'm not having any issues with other games.
I occasionally have that problem too since a couple of weeks. Despite not having done windows updates and a rather clean computer. Lots of services and autostart programs disabled. I somehow suspect avira antivirus or apple software to be responsible. Do you have itunes installed?
(2018-09-01 15:18)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I occasionally have that problem too since a couple of weeks. Despite not having done windows updates and a rather clean computer. Lots of services and autostart programs disabled. I somehow suspect avira antivirus or apple software to be responsible. Do you have itunes installed?

Nope. Have not a single piece of apple here.

Only new programm since I update Windows is Adobe CC. Before I had CS3, which stop working with new Windows. So I buy it. But I tried with disable service from Adobe and the issue is still the same. So I think it has nothing to do with Adobe services.
How many screens?
Is LFS running fullscreen/maximized/windowed ?
Does it happen while clicking the mouse or pressing a key ?
Have 2 Screens. Its a Laptop (Acer Predator) + a Screen on HDMI.
And it happends while gaming. No matter if I stand still and just wait or drive with XBox Controller.

It runs on fullscreen (Shift+ F10).

What I have tried and dont solve the issue:
- Another Windows Update (still same build, sure)
- Update Nvidia Driver
- uninstall Malwarebytes (cause its not running well, reinstall it later again)
- deactivate the WpnService (Push notice) in service control
- deactivate avast components for 1 hour

And I have again checked, that every notice service for any app, windows or contacts (what I dont use btw, so contacts are empty) is deactivated or disabled.

Still same issue. Sometimes after 2-3 min, sometimes after 15 min

Next try: Deactivate every adobe service.

edit: Dont work. No diffrence....thats so annoying Sad
System restore to a date where the issue didn't happen?

It is very likely that it is a software you've installed stealing focus.
I see nobody has told you to Google said issue, but if another user on LFS is experiencing it then chances are it's effecting other games too, try windowed borderless or windowed mode to see if you can replicate the issue.

But good luck with fixing it, do let us know how you get on.
(2018-09-01 21:50)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]System restore to a date where the issue didn't happen?

It is very likely that it is a software you've installed stealing focus.
Sadly that isnt possible. Last running one was before creators update. And I need this now to work with Adobe CC (Illustrator & Photoshop). I earn money with that and if I had to choose, "LFS" or "earning money" I better off with money.

So I cant go back with the updates.

But I´m with you. It must be some annoying app which are installed. I will try out in the next days.

(2018-09-01 22:05)TAZxx Wrote: [ -> ]I see nobody has told you to Google said issue, but if another user on LFS is experiencing it then chances are it's effecting other games too, try windowed borderless or windowed mode to see if you can replicate the issue.

But good luck with fixing it, do let us know how you get on.

If I have some time in the next few days, I will reinstall car mechanic simulator 2018 and try out if there are the same issues.
I´m full of hope to find the issue. I was driving now for 25 min without any minimazation. Yesterday it was not possible to drive that long without any.

What I´ve done:
- uninstall candy crush saga (dont know why this shitty app was on my PC again...)
- Deactivate the game task bar (hope thats the english name, in german it is the "Spieleleiste")

I will write if the issue realy is gone. Maybe another one with same issue can try it out too.
I always drivning in window mode so this not happends
Sadly I´m wrong. Problem isnt gone. Driving since 15 min and have 3 minimizations in that time. So confusing....
I could have a look with teamviewer...
Would be very nice. But I think not before 14.09.
Next week is very close and from Fridy to wednesday I have a business trip without my gaming laptop.

Maybe you can send me a date proposed on PN for 14.09./15.09./17.09.

Oh and I let BeamNG.drive run for half a hour while I read something. No issues there.Confused1
Try using game mode if you're not already.

Press Windows key + G inside a game, select the icon on the far right.
Game mode was already enabled, when issues started. I deactivated that app (I´ve written some posts before) cause I thought maybe the game task bar has a bug.

Yesterday I controlled app-activities with task manager. Found some apps, which did 0,1 MB Download and some tile update everytime LFS minimimazed. Finance, Weather, OneNote App and Cortana. Uninstalled the first three and deactivate cortana in Registriy. After that I can play for over 1 hour until I get a facebook notice in my browser, which I forget to close.

So I think its not only one app. LFS minimize for some reason if any programm do a little change. Will test out later more.

Is there any option which enforce windows to set LFS in the forground?

Oh and yes: I try to reinstall LFS complete. Same issue.
Yes, I realy think I get the issue.

With Regedit deactivated cortana and no tile update app it works, when I close every other programm. When I let the Browser open (even in TC world) it happend sometimes. With everything closed it works.

Maybe thats the issue for other user too.
Sorry for the bump. I had the same issue for a few days while playing LFS in borderless window mode, GTA 4/5 in fullscreen, R6S in fullscreen and Overwatch in Fullscreen too, also with no programs running in the background, and it just fixed itself and I can just leave browser/spotify/discord/everything opened in the background. Maybe there was another Windows update that fixed it, so it might've been just a coincidence.
Try looking in "View installed update history" in Settings. It should say what update (KBxxxxxxx) was installed recently and that is probably the fix lol
Reference URL's