[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cops can take license`s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about this, it will be like in same real life when someone speeding too much they can revoke it whats that called, just a suggestion do a poll for this.

bad english atm to tired xD
You have put literally no effort into this.
Please try and expand a bit.
In real life, the reason they revoke a license is to not allow them to drive before they get the license back. I do not quite understand how this would be useful here, as the only way to move around on the server is to actually.. drive?

Also, I feel that system would easily been abused, and what if a civilian who lost his license go on duty as cop?

Sorry to say, but I do not think this is a good idea, or needed on this server, it will only be unpractical.
In theory, a good idea; there would be no civilians after a while, though? After all, it is a cops and robbers server.
(2018-09-20 15:37)BP Wrote: [ -> ]You have put literally no effort into this.
Please try and expand a bit.

its when cops se overspeeding cars in game, they can revoke license, thats whats i trying to explain.

I am to tired atm with explain stuff Biggrin

Edit: etc, for 5-10-15 mins revoke only not perm
Yes I got that bit, but I mean you should expand it.
What exactly would the consequence be when they get their license revoked?

5-10-15 minutes without the ability to drive?
If little Timmy with 2501km and his fresh cop license came to revoke your drivers license, how would that go down? Your suggestion is very vague tbh I don't really understand how it would work.

The idea of having a drivers license could be good though, like an actual license test with general questions like slowing down for sirens etc.
yes Bp thats what i mean,

just wait and maybe people start to learn Carl:
I would kinda see this working as like a demerit-points style. Its where a civilian gets his "licence" with 0 points (clean licence) behind it. He who gets fined for a significantly bad dangerous driving act (like max Wrong Way fine, or max Causing an Accident fine) may get maybe 1-2 points off his licence.

And when those points build up until that a capped point limit (maybe lets say 12) will have something happen. Now taking full licence away isn't feasible as driving is the only incentive in a cruise environment, so maybe he/she will get demoted to UF1 for a day, get "slow driving income bonus" penalty (i.e stuck at +1 in any scenario), ectra and ectra.

The scheme would help to regulate bad drivers and keep driving cleaner in server as then there will be a physical penalty to endure if one keeps acting and driving like a barbarian. And it'll reduce the need for admin intervention to manually "UF1 force" drivers, as the more reckless the driver, in theory, would rack up demerit points at a faster rate and hence be penalised more often and in higher frequency.

This is slightly better than OP's vague idea, is it? @Carl would this work somehow?
edit : I forsee that Cop integrity and training would have to be better in order to cut down on blatant high fines, but in the long run it can kind of be beneficial, if everything falls into place.
I'm not too keen on the idea of further blurring the lines between server rules and road laws, TBH. :/
I see where you are coming from, but I'd rather see a different punishment, ie forced to drive in UF1 for 10/20 minutes, rather than being made unable to drive.
If you do that, it will cause a lot of heat in chat, and lots more reports.
I think it'd annoy people not being able to connect to the server when it's full knowing that some people are just sat there without a licence.

I can't see this being a very good addition. Speeders already lose money automatically and can then get fined by cops on top of that, we really don't need anything more than that imo, especially not any sort of license loss.
Then 99,9% of players (cops included) would lose their license in a few minutes lol

Maybe on a GTA server, but on a simulator like this where the only way is by driving it wouldn't work at all. Plus the server would be filled with spectators that can't drive because they lost their license.

I too see where you going, but in LFS it's not viable.
(2018-09-20 15:25)Jim.Augustsson Wrote: [ -> ]bad english atm to tired xD

Why tho? Aren't u swedish and english like a second native language there?

Anyway on-topic: no....

It's no fun for the players if they can't drive anymore (well unless they cause a mess with their driving and they deserve a ban). Just ends up with less players...
-1 for that Idea. Its a Robber & COP Server. Some days I´m only online to speed (carefully, for sure) and have some chase. Taking a Licencse just for speeding ist just killing the fun.
I'm also worried that the drivers who get their licence revoked might direct their frustration towards the cops, which could lead to a huge number of reports.
Reference URL's