[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Version 4.20 New money system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PS: This text also available as mp3 Smile

Hello,

the 4.20 Insim update brings some big changes to the money system.
We now have cash and a separate bank account. This change was necessary
to allow more functionality. Until now, there was just one number in everyone's
profile storing the money. But that means that this value can only be accessed
by one application in a safe way. That was the Insim app. Everything had to go
through the Insim.

The new mechanism splits the whole money into the cash, that's what Insim is allowed
to use, and the big rest in the bank account, that every other application can access.

We now have the option to book licence tests via TC World directly, and buy cars
via TC world directly. The next updates will also be about professional car trading.
You can see, a car trader cannot be online all time to make money. That has to work
separately from any Insim app.

The exchange between in-game money and "out-game" money is the bank. The bank is
accessible via the Home-Menu. There you can transfer big amounts of money, deposit
and withdraw cash. In future we will be able to transfer money via TC World directly.

The in-game cash is stored in a virtual wallet. The wallet size has been set to 5,000€.
But don't worry, you can overfill it. But if it's too full, you wont make any money
by driving anymore. You get a notice. We certainly find other new ideas for the wallet,
like pick-pocketing.

All the little things like !donations, !send, and compensations are done directly
from one wallet to another. Fines, purchases, car services and similar things go directly to your bank account.

Questions ?
So, if I understood correctly, in a (near) future we will be able to do cash transfers directly on TC World? What about multi-acc users (given they're still not caught) and perma-banned users?
Sounds like positive changes - I'm just a tad confused on why it has to be split, though? What effect does the wallet have if fines are still going to the bank?
(2018-10-28 12:08)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like positive changes - I'm just a tad confused on why it has to be split, though? What effect does the wallet have if fines are still going to the bank?

Chuck may correct me but I think that allows the insim database to deal with a wallet (only in-game) and a bank account (accessible directly via tc world)
Ah, that would make sense. Okay, cheers
(2018-10-28 12:11)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-28 12:08)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like positive changes - I'm just a tad confused on why it has to be split, though? What effect does the wallet have if fines are still going to the bank?

Chuck may correct me but I think that allows the insim database to deal with a wallet (only in-game) and a bank account (accessible directly via tc world)

Basically yes. Insim makes changes to money like every second. The wallet is a buffer for that. Sure I could make a bank transaction for every penny you earn, but would you like to have transactions like "+3€ Driving income" every 5 seconds on your account statement? That's too much. Hence, only the big things, and those that should be traceable go directly there.
Your TC world profile will soon show the new transactions. Right now, it was using a table that was meant to be for admin reasons only. Therefore its so slow.
(2018-10-28 12:08)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]So, if I understood correctly, in a (near) future we will be able to do cash transfers directly on TC World? What about multi-acc users (given they're still not caught) and perma-banned users?

Yes and we certainly find solutions for those. I.e. locking out banned users from banking.
TC World profile now shows the new transactions.

BTW: You can still change what the "Bank"-display at the top shows via the preferences.
Interesting, I like it!
Next add Hungry and food system
And lottery and crowd funding Laugh
be careful it won't be too much roleplay-ish.. It's just cars afterall, you cannot exit the vehicles or anything.
I wish my wallet was that full!

Jokes apart, interesting thing.
Does the money in the bank earn for itself over time like keeping large amount of money with a certain bank irl?
Not atm. And btw, have you checked with your bank recently? You get nothing for your money these days Wink
Reference URL's