[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Getting a GPU upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

One year ago I had a complete new setup:
-Ryzen 5 1500X
-MSI B350M Tomahawk
-2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz
-MSI GTX 1050 2GB
-Corsair CX450 PSU
etc etc

And the thing is that now I have saved enough I'd like to upgrade my GPU which is, imo, a bit old for all the new games I'd like to play at 1080p with a minimum of 60fps:
-Forza Horizon 3/4
-X-Plane (which I'm gonna buy soon)
-GTA V
-Space Engineers
-Arma 3 (with lots of mods, base game can run pretty solid at high 60fps with my current setup)

Currently, the games I listed above runs pretty good at mid/high settings at 60fps except for FH3 which (because of the poor memory usage issue) runs at 50fps at low/mid settings. However I'd like an upgrade to make sure I can play basically any game without worrying about framedrops and other issues.

What setup are you currently using? Would you recommend me a GPU? Will my Ryzen 5 bottelneck every €350 GPU that's on the market?
I also know that I only have 8GB of ram which is going to be upgraded with the GPU.

Thanks in advance Smile
What's your budget for a new GPU?
Any Preference on brand, type, etc?
it's fine no bottelneck.
my cpu: i7 7700k 4.2ghz faster 5-10% than ur Rydzen 1500X same 4 quad core.
u can get GTX 1060 6gb or GTX 1070. what u want.

GTX1050 to GTX 1060 6gb get +50 fps raise up, GTX 1070 8gb +30fps raise up total +80fps from ur GTX 1050. (example)

my pc:
i7 7700k
GTX 1060 6gb
2x16gb Ram 2400mhz.

no bottelneck.

Smile
Well not much than €350 if that's possible as I have to upgrade the RAM
No preferences I'd buy nvidia or amd whatever I just don't want to waste money on something which is not going to be that better than my 1050
IMO,
R5 1500X is good, but you should have bought higher frequency memories when you built this rig.

Before you replace memory (cuz enlargement is unnecessary) check the advantages of higher freq memory gives. (5-10% somewhere)

GPU: If i have to buy a GPU right now, i would buy an used 1060 3/6GB. The best perf/value cards after the BTC collapse. If you want to buy a brand-new one, you should wait until GTX2060.
It's not about upgrading the ram freq but adding more ram, I'd like at least 16gb as I also do multi-tasking and in most games I often need to close the other apps to not run out of memory.

Isn't buying used gpus a lottery? I mean, it could've been running overclocked for a year, being "abused" or overheating many times so... yeap i'd rather wait though seeing at the gpu prices as of today

I will advise you on how many pieces you have developed
ryzen 5 1500x 1060 6gb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0AwO-hveo ram (16gb )
ryzen 5 1500x gtx 1070 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOB0tjKRFwU ram (16gb )
This Graphic card will show you the difference between them
As for the upgrade of Ramat Yes, something very important in many games and also programs of production ....
Breaking the processor speed I do not recommend it because it reduces the life of the processor
Do not care about the speed of Ramat in the games Fa difference between them only in the product
Correction There is no difference in the speed of RAM in the games nothing more than just in the product can differentiate how many minutes each section
A Video
An Image<- Memory Freq.

Buying an used card is not a lottery.
I bought an used PNY GTX670 2 years ago,
after a year i repleaced with an used ASUS GTX770 2G (DCU2), because its not as noisy as PNY and now i'm using an used GTX 1060 3Gb.
3/3 cards were faultless.

I think buying an used card is not an option for you. Smile
No its not a lottery. I bought an old (10 years old) Nvidia 9600GT 1GB for 10 Euros and its running LFS maxed out very smoothly. The worst track is Blackwood FPS wise, running there between 90-150 FPS. On other, older track sometimes over 280+. Also runs ETS2 on medium settings, looking very nice between 50-70 FPS. All that combined with an overclocked Q6600 @3.0GHz (I overclocked it with a piece of electrical tape) and 4 GB of RAM. I am just writing this so if somebody has really very little money to build a PC, this GPU is a good choice.

I don't really dare to overclock the GPU, I have to respect its age. Biggrin
@SLAVR it's not. There are difference in the speed of RAM.. Tongue
(2018-11-06 21:54)Swift Wrote: [ -> ]No its not a lottery. I bought an old (10 years old) Nvidia 9600GT 1GB for 10 Euros and its running LFS maxed out very smoothly. The worst track is Blackwood FPS wise, running there between 90-150 FPS. On other, older track sometimes over 280+. Also runs ETS2 on medium settings, looking very nice between 50-70 FPS. All that combined with an overclocked Q6600 @3.0GHz (I overclocked it with a piece of electrical tape) and 4 GB of RAM. I am just writing this so if somebody has really very little money to build a PC, this GPU is a good choice.

I don't really dare to overclock the GPU, I have to respect its age. Biggrin

Well with my GTX1050 I have no trouble running 2012 ish games (ets2 for instance runs perfectly at ultra 60fps with 200% scaling and many mods, LFS runs so good I'd need a 4K screen + HDR and shader mods to actually see a difference) however for the new triple AAA games that's quite different :/

Anyway I think I'll end up buying a used GTX 1070 or 1060 6GB I'll see
I mean the 2400 frequency games. There is no difference between 3000 and. If you use a ryzen processor because it works at high frequency, but Intel is only different by 8 fps or 5 fps, but if your frequency is old you will have problems in modern games.

Take the 1080 gtx difference to $ 50or 100 depending on the manufacturer

In Amazon

The difference between gtx 1070 and gtx 1080 is simple. The best option is to wait and get money to raise money. In order not to lose an owner in a weak card I took a gtx 1050 ti card and now regret buying because it is a little high price but this time goes down for a short time due to the recent cards do not regret like me

Choose a card that contains more than one fan for the heat of the card. Do not get one fan card second Choose the most frequency that will benefit you in the product as well

https://camwebapp.com/download - This program makes you see the heat of full pieces Log in to the site then download it because the program requires a login to be logged in from Facebook also from Google
Reference URL's