[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: RX7 Pros and Cons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys, does anyone know much about 93-95 FD Rx7s? I'm currently saving up to buy one for a daily then sells milage R1 as a collector. I know that the 1993 yellow r1 is my favorite and I also the most limited in production. I know some base and touring models had a single turbo while higher models had twins. The cars also had a perfect 50/50 weight distribution from the factory. I know the rotor seals? go bad, and that at some point all rotaries need rebuilt. I didn't know the cars were only sold for three years here so I figure it will be a fun car to drive now then keep as a collector later. But being such a limited number I personally have never ridden in or driven one. Does anyone else no one more about the car or the 13b motor used in the car. Any info will be great. Purchase time will be winter time when prices are at a low.
Here you should have all the info you'll ever need.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=68640

The downsides of having a rotary engine are that you will at some point have to do a complete maintenance to it, and also it consumes a lot of oil and gasoline. Laugh
I've read somewhere, that its best for rotary's to.. drive with it. Properly ofcourse. Let it idle for the first minute, then get it on temperature properly. After that.. have fun.
"Cars like being driven" is always true Tongue
Reference URL's