[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Logitech game profiler 5.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It worked all fine and from one day to a another it didn't start up anymore. It seems a Windows update caused the problem.

I reinstalled the software -> nothing
In the hope putting the pc a few days back before the update didn't work either.

Googled the problem and I can't figure out the solution. Tried to find a earlier version of the profiler and there is no download available.

I deleted everything now from my pc and hope somebody got a the answer.

The steering wheel works fine its only I can't change my buttons in the profiler between racing and cruising.
Thanks Elmo, still the problem isn't solved unfortunately Crying The computer installs the software, if I click the .exe to start the profiler it doesn't respond at all.

In msconfig in the startup tab the profiler is marked to startup.
Quote:If you are running Windows 7 64 bit, I recommend you do the following.

go to the following directory in your computer (you will have to enable hidden files view).

C:\Users\REPLACE WITH YOUR USERNAmE\AppData\Local\Logitech\Gaming Software

In the folder above I found several xml files. I moved them to a temporary folder (I recomend you do the same). Then I had no problem starting the program again. I then imported backups of my profiles (shame on you if you don't make backups) and it seems to be working fine now.

I am not sure if this will solve things for a long time or not, but it appears to have fixed the issue for now. I am assuming that one of the xml files became corrupt through a windows glitch of some sort.

Source
Tried that already, You get a error message after that.
Yesterday I got the solution from Logitech:

For Windows XP:

Remove the Logitech maps in these maps:

C:\Program files\ Logitech\
C:\documents and settings\<your username>\Application data\Logitech\
C:\documents and settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application data\Logitech\
C:\documents and settings\all users\Application data\logitech\

To make the application data visible press ALT

Windows 7 and Vista

Remove the Logitech maps in these maps:

C:\Program files\ Logitech\
C:\Program data\ Logitech\
C:\user\<your username>\Appdata\Roaming\Logitech\
C:\user\<your username>\Appdata\Local\Logitech\

To make the Appdata and program data map visible press ALT.

Then download the new software:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/ga...t=&osid=14
Reference URL's