[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G25 Reverse Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey ho, Been wanting to setup my wheel for a while but just remembered the reverse gear has broken. The shifter recognises 6th gear but when I go push it down still says it's in 6th gear.

Looked around and seen its a common problem but can't find any detailed tutorials to fix it!

Anyone know of one?
Had same problem so i binned it and got a G27 instead lol.

However, if you can live without 6th gear, just program reverse to 6 in LFS Smile
Ask LOGICALX. I'm sure he had a fix on the old forum. My dad used that to fix my G25 a while ago, worked fine ever since (had exactly the same problem as you)
It's basicly the wiring inside the shifter thats the problem. Propably a loose cable somwhere.
Will have to open it up and have look, Thanks for the reply's

Edit: Opened it up and two loose wires, no idea where they are meant to go

Edit#2: Nvm found it
Had this problem. Just rang up logitech and they sent me a brand new wheel for free (within 7 days too)

that's of course if it is still under warranty.
I got the same problem, and fixed it. There was plenty of questions on the internet but no solutions,
so i decided to share how i fixed it.

I opened the shifter and unscrewed everything off. If you cant, check youtube for instructions. In the bottom of the white plastic thing is a little chip there is a little button on it. The chipset was broken, electrisity didnt pass trought. I put there a short piece of wire. Now everything is working great.
Because my english isn't so good theres some pics that will explain:

The problem is in the red circle:
http://i.imgur.com/tUl4wnn.jpg
Fix:
http://i.imgur.com/ht2FocL.jpg

Im happy if this helped someone, of course you should check all the other wires and connections too. Dont even try if you dont have any skills, and i dont take any responsibility.

-Pekka
Reference URL's