[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Blue's n Two's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heading to work from Sandown to Ryde (generally quiet at the time i travel to work on sundays between 5.30/5.45pm.

Coming up to beapers shute (which is a long stretch on road that leades thru the outskirts of Bembridge/Seaview thru to Ryde,, half way along beaper shute i hear sirens, not sure of direction due to it being an open country road and quite and echoe stretch of road aswell. The NORMAL aware road users would be using there mirrors/ears to see where this Police Car was coming from, anyhow, after about 15/20 seconds it became apparent it was coming from behind me, so i was pulling in to give the Blue's n Two's clearance to pass me as was coming close to end of beapers shute and heading for a small roundabout, inwhich is busy that time of an eveing as this roundabout is used to lead of motorist from Tesco's , The Golf Club, Beapers shute, Busy Bee's Garden Centre..and the main road that Leads into Ryde..pretty much at the junction to the RB ive pulled in but the car behind me Landrover discovery is TOTALLY oblivious as to why im pulling slams on his brakes to avoid my car and goes over the central divider and hits a chevron at which point the police car has also had to slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting the car, luckily no real damage was done and the P/Cars continued on, i myself stopped and shouted out the window u bloody stupid cock what on earth was u thinking...turn ur Bloody music down and u would of heard, then seen what was going on behind you...Anger vented, i drove off and went to work
Anyhoo i got to work in one piece, had a coffee and carried on....

Cursing
Sounds like every 5 minutes on [TC]. Tongue
(2012-07-22 22:50)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like every 5 minutes on [TC]. Tongue

Pretty much lol.
i think music should be limited in cars, it could of been much worse, as i say that roundabout can be very very busy, ok yes its sunday but the island is full of holiday makers (what we call silly season here)..

Edit @ 00.06
The islands roads can be a dangerous place to many holiday makers, ok this dont warrant what the guy in LRD was doing, beapers shute has killed many motorist over time, a few yr back the road underwent an extensive road safety scheme and the road limit was lowered from 60mph to 50mph and re-surfaced, but the stretch of road remains complelety unlit at night which if u dont no the road could quite easily end up in a ditch or taking one of the two pretty tight corners to fast..especially the last corner which brings you to the roundabout
Atleast you reaction to that dude, is what everybody would do saffy, wel done !
This kind of thing happens all day every day to real police drivers. Any police, fire or ambulance driver will tell you that the most dangerous part of a response is always the other road users.
(2012-07-22 22:49)Saphira Wrote: [ -> ]Heading to work from Sandown to Ryde (generally quiet at the time i travel to work on sundays between 5.30/5.45pm.

We've got Sandown and Ryde here, probably a bit further away though Tongue

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Sa...mra=ls&z=7
Some idiots out on the roads. Was in my gf's car, noticed ambulance behind with siren and lights on, we pulled over with indicators, the car behind us didn't even know the emergency vehicle was coming passed and tried to swerve around us thinking we were parking by the side of the road, then they noticed it at last second and slammed their brakes on.
Music isn't really the problem, especially when there are some sirens that you can't hear until they're on top of you even when you don't have any music at all.
The real problem is that people just don't pay attention.
It's quite hard to miss strobing blue LEDs and wig-wagging headlights if people actually glance in the mirror occasionally.

If the guy was paying attention, he'd have seen you slow AND looked in the mirror before overtaking.
Feel better after that? Tongue
nice rant...
Glad you're ok, some people just dont use their eyes or ears.
Had something happen like that here not long ago,the guy was going to drive onto the main road but didnt hear the ambulance coming because of his music,result was that the ambulance had to evade but hit the back of the guys car.
Reference URL's