[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Euro Truck Simulator 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ya I see what you mean, I have. 51inch screen so it is really off lol. Plus I sit about 3 feet (just under a meter) back from the screen. It's all just a ploy to get me to buy another TV lol
3x 60" TV screens would be nice. Would probs need to adjust FOV a little Laugh
How long before we ditch monitors altogether in favour of some star trek style visors anyway?
Winter is here!

[Image: ets2.jpg]
That looks nice Audiojack, but it's a mod, isnt it?

I wish that kind of weather was in game, with psyhics behaving properly and stuff.
(2012-12-04 23:58)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]That looks nice Audiojack, but it's a mod, isnt it?

I wish that kind of weather was in game, with psyhics behaving properly and stuff.

The mod includes these things (taken from the installer):

Quote:Lights go on at 17:00 and off at 9:00
It's dark from 19:00 till 7:00
Temperature in truck is now between 1 and -10
All road, terrain, sign and vegitation textures have been changed.
Added snow storm effect and noises.
Added snow particles at the tires.
Changed vehicle physics (Truck easy to drive but be carefull not to jackknife )
Changed prefab company buildings.
Loading screens, song and theme has been changed (Full feature)
Real companies have been added from my Real Company Mod v1.1

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?q6pt6k9ti7xm41i

It does have a slight "glitch" though, which will be fixed in V2.0, where the steering wheel gives force feedback rumble all the time, as if driving on gravel. It's kinda annoying so I fixed it by deleting all the .mat files in the folder \material\road\ in WinterModV1.0.scs, which you can open with 7zip or WinRAR or most other archive-programs..
Are the roads actually slippery in that mod?
I'm gonna wait for the V2.0 Tongue
(2012-12-05 09:25)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Are the roads actually slippery in that mod?

I didn't notice much of a difference tbh, but that might be because I'm also using the realistic physics mod, which might override the slipperiness somehow. I don't personally even care Laugh
Do never press A or D (If you drive with a wheel) when driving at 90kmh. I got 10% damage, my truck rolled over. Got 2 Crash vehicle fines, and 2 wrongsiding fines. Cursing
I drove behind a car that drove slower, when I get closer I honked, flashed lights and he started to brake, I couldn't stop early enough and crashed with him even tho I tried to avoid to left. When I had stopped a van came 70kph right into my truck. there was traffic jam behind so I couldn't reverse and the 2 cars just sat there hazards on, leaving the gap too tight for me. Ended up ramming trough.
Typical when they suddenly brake infront of you and you cant brake in time, causing a traffic jam because they just sit there.
(2012-12-07 14:42)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]I drove behind a car that drove slower, when I get closer I honked, flashed lights and he started to brake, I couldn't stop early enough and crashed with him even tho I tried to avoid to left. When I had stopped a van came 70kph right into my truck. there was traffic jam behind so I couldn't reverse and the 2 cars just sat there hazards on, leaving the gap too tight for me. Ended up ramming trough.

Leave more space. You're driving a truck Wink Leaving a gap the size of your stopping distance won't cause delays it will stop them occuring because you won't crash. Same downfall of impatient white van man drivers. Smile
But I get road rage. Like someone who changed lane in front of me causing me to crash and getting 400€ fine, I rammed him sideways on the road facing the concrete wall.
I think it's really bad if you get road rage in a game Laugh
I never seem to have any kind of traffic problems.

I always drive on the safe distance though, even though i have already crashed into people when joining the highways, since some of them stop stupidly and for no reason really.
(2012-12-07 16:18)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's really bad if you get road rage in a game Laugh

Believe it or not I'm very calm irl Tongue

I usually get road rage there after a while of crashing and being tired Laugh
(2012-12-07 17:48)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]I never seem to have any kind of traffic problems.

Me neither
Anyone know why I never have to sleep in the game? I've been driving for very long, and I haven't got any "next rest stop in ..." or something in the list when I press F6.
I had it before but now it's gone. Confused1 Anyone know anything about this?
Go to your gameplay settings and enable Fatigue / put it on high.
Reference URL's