[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Euro Truck Simulator 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aparently Sweden doesn't cound as beeing part of Europe Sad

Whats the prices on Origin for you guys in your country? For me its 34,67 EUR/27,81 £
(2012-10-15 22:39)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Aparently Sweden doesn't cound as beeing part of Europe Sad

Whats the prices on Origin for you guys in your country? For me its 34,67 EUR/27,81 £

Do they charge taxes on it? I can't believe it's that expensive over there, but they don't charge taxes for online stuff here.
I think they do since for example Battlefield Preminum was about half as expensive in India and Mexico compared to Sweden.
I will start in Holland or Germany and do work between there and northern England.
I'll probably start in the southern of Germany, been to some of the cities there, and I can recognize several citynames on the ETS2 map from which I've seen IRL when driving to Italy on vacations Tongue

But I think I'll also be driving to England, just to try the difference between left and right-hand driving Smile
I probs start on germany, not really fan of wrongside driving so dunno when I will go to england Tongue
Check these nice videos out

Any recommended websites to buy this from? Biggrin
Thinking if I should buy the cd, or download it from Origin...

(2012-10-15 22:39)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the prices on Origin for you guys in your country? For me its 34,67 EUR/27,81 £

26,95 for me (:
Might be able to find a good place on their link page http://eurotrucksimulator2.com/links.php
£24.98 , that's €30 ?
Origin is cheaper with a download version, and I got another website offering the physical version for around €27.

I don't know what to do Sad
(2012-10-17 18:12)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Any recommended websites to buy this from? Biggrin
Thinking if I should buy the cd, or download it from Origin...

(2012-10-15 22:39)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the prices on Origin for you guys in your country? For me its 34,67 EUR/27,81 £

26,95 for me (:

Euros?

(2012-10-17 18:19)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Might be able to find a good place on their link page http://eurotrucksimulator2.com/links.php

Same price as Origin, just a few SEK diffrence in the Swedish retailers shop. How much is it on Origin in Denmark?
(2012-10-17 18:38)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-17 18:12)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]26,95 for me (:

Euros?

Yeah, euros.
269 Danish kroner = 36.0621 euros (Google conversion) on Origin Denmark.
Those videos look sooooooo sweet. I pre-ordered it from Origin yesterday, can't wait for Friday. Biggrin
(2012-10-17 19:41)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]Those videos look sooooooo sweet. I pre-ordered it from Origin yesterday, can't wait for Friday. Biggrin
Yeah, i especially like how detailed the ferry is inside and out! Biggrin
Haven't they got all the trucks by now? While ago they posted that they have opened discussions with rest of the manufacturers Smile
How is shifting done? I mean, you only have 6 gears on a G27.
(2012-10-17 20:29)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]How is shifting done? I mean, you only have 6 gears on a G27.

In Scania (I assume it will work the same way), you pressed a button that changed gears 1-6 to 7-12, so 1st gear would then be 7th, and so on.
Damn.. Just had about an hours worth of fun by driving around doing tasks in Scania TDS. Can't wait for ETS2 now.. Wub

A shame I wont be at home in the weekend to use the wheel, but oh well, guess mouse will do the trick along with the laptop. Biggrin
(2012-10-17 20:29)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]How is shifting done? I mean, you only have 6 gears on a G27.

You have 3 options for the h-shifter.
1) Range - You can use the same as the Scania TDS default which is having 1-6 in one gearbox and 7-12 in another and you use a gear toggle to switch between them.
2) Splitter - One gear box has 1,3,5,7,9,11 and the other has 2,4,6,8,10,12.
3) Range-splitter - 4 gearboxes here and is the hardest to understand but is very easy to use when you get used to it (i use this one for Scania TDS right now) 1 gear box has Reverse, 1st, 3rd, 5th. The next has Reverse, 2nd, 4th, 6th. The next has Reverse, 7th, 9th, 11th. And the last has Reverse, 8th, 10th, 12th. The 1st+2nd and 3rd+4th switch seperately using gear toggle 1. The 1st+3rd and 2nd+4th switch seperatly using gear toggle 2.

That will probably sound VERY confusing which is why i took this picture of the STDS website that should help.
[Image: hshifterrangesplitter.gif]

I personally, before setting of press toggle 1 to go straight into gearbox 2 then go up in 2's starting 2,4,6 etc and just hitting toggle 2 to go between the 2nd and 4th gearbox.

Hope thats more than covers your question Smile

That took bloody ages to type!
Reference URL's