[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 losing ffb when minimized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am visiting a friend while working, and I got him to buy a G27 , playseat, and joystick.

After a while, we figured I could use my computer for lfs on his rig, since his pc is used on the tv.

Now over to the issue:
I start up my computer, start lfs, and everything works fine.
If I minimize, get a skype chat/call, or any other backround task, the ffb is gone.
restarting lfs or reconnecting the g27 will not help, only a reboot will solve it Sad

Does anyone have amy ideas how to fix the problem?
The wheel works fine on his computer.....
Driver issue? try updating to the latest Logitech software (from their website not the CD in g27 box)

or ring Logitech for a new one wink wink Wink
Call Logitech, not sure about the European support people, but the North American ones really know their shit and they will be able to help you out.
I always use latest drivers from product homepage, did not work.
I could try calling support, but my previous contact with them did not impress, was regarding my g25 issues though.

tnx for responses btw Smile
Make the game window "windowed" (shift+F4) then click with mouse outside the window, and then back inside the window. So that the focus-event gets triggered again.
LFS should bring back forces then. There is also a hotkey called "Reset controller", shift+c, maybe that could halp aswell.
I agree with Sinoco. Just call them and tell them about your issue, and if the solutions they suggest doesn't work, they'll probably send you a new one.
(2012-09-14 23:47)=WOLF=[NO] Wrote: [ -> ]The wheel works fine on his computer.....

(2012-09-18 06:58)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Sinoco. Just call them and tell them about your issue, and if the solutions they suggest doesn't work, they'll probably send you a new one.

Sounds like a driver/install/software issue - especially if it works fine on one PC and not another. If that's the case, getting a new wheel won't help.
Reference URL's