[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Power-Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, wondering if you can help me with this.

I've some strange behaviour from the computer when turning it off, to the point when using the start menu in '7 and hitting shut down, the machine powers down, all apart from the fans, which continue to run (at a very low, quiet speed). I did leave it for 24h to see if they would turn themselves off based on temprature or something but this didn't happen.

It's not really a big problem as the fans are next to silent and ensure's a cool startup the next time I power it up, but the trouble is i've to hold the power down for a good 5 seconds to stop the fans after power down, and then press the power again to boot it up which is a little inconvenient.

I don't know why power up/down is behaving like this atm. I guess there's a BIOS option but why does it need to do this in the first place?

It's a Celcius M450 btw.
You bought it used, right? Someone might have screwed with the BIOS.
Yeah I did,

I'll have a look around in the BIOS. I don't think the fans need to continue to run when the machine is not doing anything.
Yes, waste of electricity. Smile
No option for it in the BIOS :/ Only fan settings for when it's on. Perhaps there's something up with the Mobo. I did swap out a whole lot of parts before turning it on for the first time when I got it.
That's likely. What motherboard is it? Maybe something isn't fully compatible with the motherboard?
I guess that W7 has the start menu shutdown set to suspend and the motherboard is set to Power On Suspend (S2) which powers down the CPU, but keeps the fans spinning.

Change the start menu behavior (right-click start menu, select "Shut down" in the Power button action dropdown) and set the sleep mode in the BIOS to Suspend To Ram/STR/S3
Reference URL's