[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Brother Problems..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's a certain level of guilt in me at the moment.

Today I was tasked with taking my brother and sister to school and my brother who's 12 through a crying fit about the purple lunch box my mother had left him and how it's going to harm his reputation and make the kids laugh at him.

I asked him whats the big fuss we're late it's just a lunch box c'mon I wear purple hoodies and shirts sometimes and even my friends purple jeans and we don't see it as some big deal, and he starts with this 'well you and all your friends are gay then you don't understand' etc.. Which immediately sparked off in my mind that this was an issue of homophobia.

I'm not gay but I detest homophobia, I told him to man up about it, it's just a colour and if your friends would bully you because of a purple lunchbox they're not your friends.

Anyway he refused to take his lunch box so I've made him go without it and I feel bad about it. I don't know what I should've done in this situation but I didn't want to give into this issue.. Does it make me a bad brother..? idk..
Put the food in a carrier bag, take it to the school office and say who its for (label it)

I always used to take my food in a carrier bag so I could just bin it all after I'm done Tongue
Buy a pink one for him.
(2012-09-24 11:13)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a pink one for him.

With Hello Kitty stickers.

...but seriously, I think he should just get a lunchbox that is the color he wants. I remember being like that when I was 12, having the right colors is one part about staying respectable. Wink And trust me, it's not real homophobia, more like the fear of your friends being homophobic. Laugh
I agree on what AJ said. When I was that age, having a lunchbox in 'boycolors' meant alot.
Clear plastic, cannot go wrong.

At that age kids don't even know what homophobia is cause education these days sucks, cut him some slack, don't be too hard on yourself, he'll learn a lesson by going a day without lunch.

Alternative - Tell him to man the flip up before you go loco on him.
He was right. Purple is gay - purple jeans? Wtf?
Now if i was his mother i would of said
" fine go to school without any lunch this is not open for discussion"
End of
but then im a really really tough mother

Quite often my youngest would not like something in his lunch box or his school shoes were not expensive enough or he had to have trainers that where same has other kids..
I ALWAYS told him, im your mother you will wear what i buy you, eat what i put in your lunch or you go without, End of. My children would only question me once..They knew who boss was and not to mouth back at me..but then right from beginning i set rules and fine lines, my boys over stepped them they got privileges took away
Please stop posting shite on our forums.
(2012-09-24 17:46)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Please stop posting shite on our forums.

Perfect choice of words Wink

No offence Tommer, this may be Off-topic but still. Can't help but think you're acting like an attention seeker sometimes.
(2012-09-24 17:46)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Please stop posting shite on our forums.

Your awesomeness is blinding.
Now I know I'm a *Removed*, but honestly I can't top this.
purple is a feminist color. so wearing it gives off an impression that maybe, just maybe, you wanna gobble on some schlongs. (speakin in general) - my 0.02
Needs more Morgan Freeman.
Kids are kids, maybe don't try to have a rational argument about life issues... The majority of people (excluding obviously ignorant people) do not have these views when they reach a more mature age.
Stereotyping based on colours.. are we 8 year olds?
Tommer really ,

What a problem that your brother doesn't like purple .
Make him buy his own lunchbox in the color he wants , if he doesn't want to buy one he can be happy with the purple one his mother gave to him Smile.
If he is scared that his friends laugh at him well he should't care , if he just uses the lunch box likes he don't care its purple no one will laugh at him .
I'm glad that finnish schools have free school lunches so there are no lunchbox issues.
Small kids can be extremely cruel and having a purple lunch box can be quite a problem at that age.
There are just some things you should avoid to make his school life less stressful.

Especially insecure or shy children tend to get bullied quite easily and avoiding a few things could make a difference.

(2012-09-24 18:40)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]The majority of people (excluding obviously ignorant people) do not have these views when they reach a more mature age.

They only do it behind your back Brad. *cough* HOMO *cough*
[Image: fascinating_please_continue.jpg]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's