[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Discussion - FOX WE1 - End of year event series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: banner-r2_zpsbcc04f82.png]

Introduction

Welcome to the first race of the end of year event series, organised by [TC] CityDriving. This year's series will consist of three races, voted for by our community.

The races are completely separate events but they have been packaged into a series. Each race is very different so being consistent in each will be a big challenge for most.

For the first time, there will be no money prizes for these events, instead you will receive badges that you can post in your signature. There will be an event series thread created where race results will be stored and badges will be displayed.

You can discuss the event in this thread.

This thread is for event discussions only.

Thanks!

~ TC Team
Totally looking forward to this, not having done this last year, I did a few hotlaps offline and it feels really nice to drive.
Looking forward to this, should be good fun.

My only worry is the "Rolling Start" - recipe for disaster? Particularly with FOX's. I'd like to get other peoples opinions on this.
(2012-09-24 19:41)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to this, should be good fun.

My only worry is the "Rolling Start" - recipe for disaster? Particularly with FOX's. I'd like to get other peoples opinions on this.

Well to be honest, a grid start is a recipe for disaster on WE1, especially with people who barely ever race.
Well perhaps, but a grid start is surely a safer option
(2012-09-24 19:53)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Well perhaps, but a grid start is surely a safer option
+1
dunno why rolling start is so popular nowadays...
To make you guys feel better about a rolling start on WE1, every WE1 race we've held has ended up having a rolling start bar the first which needed 2 or 3 restarts because of crashes into T1 and 2.
(2012-09-24 21:38)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]To make you guys feel better about a rolling start on WE1, every WE1 race we've held has ended up having a rolling start bar the first which needed 2 or 3 restarts because of crashes into T1 and 2.

That definitely makes me feel better Thumbup1
A rolling start should be good Smile just have to make sure I'm awake Biggrin
I would prefer the rolling start. People just have to cool down the one damn lap before the race starts. Then pedal to the metal. And by quoting Top Gear ..how hard can it be?

wrote with nickname, causedaccidentonrollingstartinxfg@FErace.
personal favorite: ROLLIN Starts roox.!!
Cursing Had to use google translate, since yesterday my right foot is in a plaster base Confused1
Anyway, I can't hold it that long with my foot in racing.......
bmw-gek.. if u have a wheel.. try to reverse the axis. Wink that way u can have full throttle all the time and when u wanna lift u "press" it down. still depends if u now really wanna race.

OT. what have u done ?
Yah, what did you do?
Use the working foot for both pedals?
Rubens Barrichello used 1 foot (albeit his right) in his F1 car up until maybe 5 years ago.
(2012-09-26 03:00)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]Use the working foot for both pedals?
Rubens Barrichello used 1 foot (albeit his right) in his F1 car up until maybe 5 years ago.

At least he has a reason for being so slow then.
(2012-09-26 08:50)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-26 03:00)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]Use the working foot for both pedals?

At least he has a reason for being so slow then.

Was about to post that.
Well the problem isn't only to use the foot, if i hold it too long down it starts to knock. I can't hold it longer then 20/30 minutes. Very annoying.....

Two weeks ago we went away for the weekend with the boat. Before we went to bed I was going out with the dogs in the middle off the night. I didn't came any further then stepping off the boat, my ankle twisted double on the edge of a pit in the ground.... Bruised ankle was the result.
aww that sucks Sad

Thought about using a gamepad or something?
I did use a gamepad in my three weeks holiday. It was a disaster.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's