[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Dayz lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

So, I´ve been having issues with lag in Dayz. In the beginning it was absolutely horrible, but the I found out that the server was to be blamed for that. Found a better one and the lag was reduced quite a lot, but not enough. I still get lag in the cities and forests and a slight amount in regular gameplay. Now I don´t know crap about computers, but this is what Systemrequirementslab tells me about mine:

[Image: lolwut.jpg]

Now as far as I can see. I should be able to max the settings with no issues, but that is most definately a no go.

Is there anything that can be done?
You passed the minimum requirements, that will be the bare minimum as in play with all settings on Low/Medium, turn off AA etc..
Oh crap. Wrong picture. Hold on.

Edit: There´s the one I wanted.
DayZ/Arma II as far as I'm concerned, at maximum settings can bring a modern Intel i5 to its knees.
I can play Arma II at max settings Confused
Maybe I got my sources wrong somehow... also that same site says I can run it at maximum too, but I never played it myself.

I've also been noticing that FPS lag can be affected by poor internet connection, not just by computer specs.
I shouldn´t have a connection issue since I only experienced the massive lag on a few certain servers.
Well one reason to get lag in cities, is that as people go there zombies spawn and that cause some lag.
I got a good pc but still lags in cities too because of zombie spawning.
List your computer specs and we may be able to help
(2012-10-07 17:50)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]List your computer specs and we may be able to help
Picture in OP is quite helpful.
What Ras said. I don´t know what specs it has, but I thought those things would cover it.
(2012-10-07 17:53)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-07 17:50)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]List your computer specs and we may be able to help
Picture in OP is quite helpful.

Didn't notice.

And you'd be better off with a quad core for rendering stuff, rather than that old dual core you have. You could pick up a cheap AMD 955 Black edition and swap them that would be a big improvement.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...g&pup_c=gs

£80 brand new, have a look on your local computer parts site

And your graphics card, depending on the resolution you play at you'd be better off with 1GB memory.
(2012-10-07 21:24)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]You could pick up a cheap AMD 955 Black edition and swap them that would be a big improvement.

There's a good chance that a 955 won't fit on his motherboard. IIRC, the Athlon X2 6000+ was a Socket 939/AM2 chip, the 955 is Socket AM3.

(2012-10-07 21:24)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]And your graphics card, depending on the resolution you play at you'd be better off with 1GB memory.

Rather than just replacing the graphics (although that would probably help), you could try reducing the texture resolutions and render/draw distance.
Yeah you're right. Probably better off upgrading motherboards making sure it's compatible with your current ram. Not too expensive but definitely worth the upgrade.
(2012-10-07 23:45)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]Probably better off upgrading motherboards making sure it's compatible with your current ram.

It won't be. 939/AM2 is DDR2, AM3 is DDR3
I'm pretty sure the Phenom II is compatible with DDR2 ram, because it's backwards compatible with AM2+.

Perhaps an upgrade to a Phenom x4 9550? I don't know much about anything from AMD before the Phenom II.

Leon, what motherboard do you have? From some quick Google searches it looks like the 6000+ was released around the time AM2+ started showing up. If you have an AM2+ motherboard then you can do the Phenom II upgrade.
Looking at Wikipedia, AM3 CPUs *may* be compatible with AM2/AM2+ (with features disabled) but the motherboard will need a BIOS update - assuming a suitable BIOS update even exists for his motherboard. The same applies for AM2+ CPUs on an AM2 motherboard.

To clarify what I said above - if his current motherboard is 939/AM2/AM2+, upgrading to an AM3 motherboard would mean new RAM as well, as 99% of AM3 boards do not support DDR2.
I've read a lot of cases of people running Phenom II 955's on AM2+ motherboards. Now we just need to figure out which motherboard he has. Wink
Sorry guys! Forgot about this thread.

I have no idea what kind of motherboard I have. How do I find that out?
Download and run http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.61-setup-en.exe look at the mainboard tab and take a screenshot.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's