[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Different Sound outputs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im getting ready to do gaming and notice that ive forgotten how to do one thing.
Before the harddrive crash i had set up my Headset with mic to only play Teamspeak, while my speakers played game sound/Youtube and such.
Does anyone have a way of setting this up? I think there was someone here that helped me last time.

Thanks in advance.

Jedi

Edit:
Might have sorted it already Smile
Wouldn't that be a bit pointless? Whats the point on playing game sound through your PC/monitor speakers, if you're going to wear headphones? If i did that with my headset id have to put the monitor sound up to 100% to stop the noise cancellation. Tongue

But i have no idea Jedi sorry.
Bez, because, maybe some people just want them seperated. I've got 'em seperated aswell, saves alot of.. asking what people actually were talking about.
(2012-10-08 23:32)Jedi Wrote: [ -> ]So im getting ready to do gaming and notice that ive forgotten how to do one thing.
Before the harddrive crash i had set up my Headset with mic to only play Teamspeak, while my speakers played game sound/Youtube and such.
Does anyone have a way of setting this up? I think there was someone here that helped me last time.

Thanks in advance.

Jedi

Edit:
Might have sorted it already Smile

Set teamspeak to use your headphones and then set your speakers as the default device in sound options. Is that how you 'might have sorted it'?
Bez its because i want to hear what people say to me, while still have gaming sounds in the background, if i need to hear more of the gaming sounds i have one ear uncovered Smile
Its how ive always done it and it works nicely Smile
Yes Stephen its how ive set it, just didnt remember how before i posted this thread Smile
Would that work if i have put my mic and headphones in the headphone out put and mic in out and use laptop speakers?
Depends on the audio driver.
Although I can't think why you'd prefer the quality of laptop speakers over headphones.
cuz it better than my headphones and it didnt work. :/
Go to Control Panel > Sound.

Maybe try setting your headset to "Default Communications Device" (right-click on the headset under the "Playback" tab. Then set your speakers as the "Default Device".

May work, may not, but worth a try!

For example, this is my set-up (I have a program to change the default device between the 3 outputs with one-click though).

[Image: soundoutpuit.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
it's not like that for me. and does it work whit one sound card? or would it work if i share the headphones output?
Probably not if you share the headphones output, because Windows will only detect the 1 output. I have my headphones connected to my soundcard, then my speakers connected via the on-board sound, and the wireless headset is via USB.

Try fiddling around with the settings in Teamspeak
My sound card outputs to both my speakers and headset all the time, all I need to do is mute or change the speaker config (headphones/5.1 etc) on the one I don't want to use. Good system, love it.
(2012-10-10 20:58)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not if you share the headphones output, because Windows will only detect the 1 output. I have my headphones connected to my soundcard, then my speakers connected via the on-board sound, and the wireless headset is via USB.

Try fiddling around with the settings in Teamspeak

Haven`t shared it yet Tongue
Reference URL's