[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 squeaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

About a month ago, I got my old G27 replaced by a new one due to a problem with using the entire axis of the wheel.

Now this new one I've got started making these squeaking noises as I turn it slightly to the left and right. The noises seem to occur when it passes by the deadzone 'limit' on the wheel axis.

Has any of you tried anything like this? Should I contact Logitech?
It's the sound motors make sometimes when they're drawing high current - in this case, if the stepper motor is being held between 'steps' and it's fighting to get into the correct position. Nothing to worry about afaik, just don't hold it in that position.
If it's happening more frequently than that, then there might be a problem.
Happens with my DFGT sometimes, for short bursts though.
It happens with mine if the FFB is too strong, and at the limits of the steering axis. I would have gotten it replaced, but I can't go two weeks without it. Sad
Thanks for the replies, calmed me down a bit. Smile

I tried warming the motors up by slaloming around on the server last night while having in-game FFB setting to 180%. Didn't change a lot, though I can't seem to make it do the sound today.
(2012-10-24 00:16)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Happens with my DFGT sometimes, for short bursts though.

Same happens here, especially when I have the ffb on pretty high Smile
the wheel pretty much "fights" more with more FFB, I've noticed it myself a long while back.

the sound reminds me of someone straining an exaggerated amount.
Reference URL's