[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G25 Friction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've not used the G25 for a little while now and I decided to use it yesterday and found that when turning it it feels like there is friction and bumping when turning, this happens when the wheel is turned off also, and also when the ffb is on. Any ideas what I can do? Could it just need some oil or may be cleaning inside?
Cheers.
Some KY Lube should fix it Smile
Ok so now it just started smoking.
If your feeling brave i'd unplug it and see if you can find what's causing the friction. Otherwise time to see if your wheel is still in warranty Tongue
Had the wheel for years, I'm trying to open it now to find the source of the burning/fire Wink

Is it possible to open it Wink ?
should be some screws on the underside of it, if you remove those and the clamps you should be able to take the top cover off.
The wheel certainly moves without much force, so i bet something got stuck in there. Might have also put too much stress on the electric ffb motor which could explain the smoke.
Sounds like a motor may have seized up a bit - that would explain the resistance when powered off and probably the high currents causing the magic blue smoke as well.
Reference URL's