[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Minecraft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya I'm having an issue setting up a Minecraft server for some reason and I'm not too sure why O.o

For starters, I've run LFS servers successfully through my internet connection so I think my network would run an MC server too..

I'm using a Static IP adress

I've forwarded my 25565 port to my static IP adress and also allowed the port outbound through the router firewall.

I've in Windows Firewall allowed the Minecraft_Server.exe through the firewall on both public and private networks

In Windows Firewall with Advanced Security I allowed the port 25565 both Inbound and Outbound on TCP

I've double checked everything, I even used http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check the port is open, and it says it is open.

Yet, even with the ports forwarded and allowed through the firewall, attempting to connect to my server through my external IP (IE the one you find by going to google and typing "my ip" (which is the same IP as I tested to see if the port was open on) I get "Can't reach Server" on the connection list and "Connection refused: connect" and nothing in the Minecraft Server Log to indicate that someone attempted to connect..?

I even tried turning both my firewall, and my antivirus off temporarily and connecting to it like this, and I still get exactly the same problems.

I am able to connect to my host by simply typing in localhost and can see the world fine through this method (even got blown up by a creeper upon connect)

It's a 1.4.2 Server (Pretty Scary Update) and my java is the latest for 64 bit windows (Yes I can type java -version into the command prompt and be told i'm running "1.7.0_09"

Anyone has even the foggiest of clues as to what could possibly be going wrong at this point? Confused1
Well, apparently Snake can connect, so it seems I can't connect to my own IP. Weird.

Localhost works so, problem solved I guess Smile
Go to cmd and type in ipconfig . U need to use that IP to connect to your own host.
Wich would be the same as connecting to Localhost Speed Wink
Use localhost or 127.0.0.1
::1
Reference URL's