[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Need a new desk!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... When building my cockpit, I stupidly chucked my desk away. Now after having my cockpit like two months, I am so bored of it, it's so awkward to do anything other than drive in lol, I can't use my computer for computery things atall.

Can someone recommend me a desk please, would like if possible a corner one under £100.

Cheers

Ash Smile
Ikea?
Had a look on the Internet and they don't really do it for me lol
[Image: in-the-night-garden-pink-desk-and-stool.jpg]
Lol I need serious answers though please! Smile
Ohh,
ebay is good tho, search something there, cheap most of the time good stuff.
Checked your classifieds? Smile
I built a keyboard tray into my cockpit so I could use if for normal browsing too. The leg desks work well for cockpits too.
Ever since I'm using a PC, I had myself built some kind of desk which was basically just a counter-top plate, like used in kitchens. Mounted 4 square legs to each edge, that's it. Plain and simple. As I moved a couple of times the last years, I had the plate changed a couple of times, but the legs can be re-used every time.
Well, if you need something fancy with a lot of drawers and such , that's the wrong thing then.
Approx prices:
Plate: ~30€ / meter length for the kitchen counter ones (38mm thick), but you can basically use every piece of wood as long it doesn't bend
Legs: ~7 € each (25x25x700mm)
+ a few screws for wood
What chuck said - worktops are a cheap way to get a big, solid desk.
Failing that, second hand furniture shops, reclaimers, house clearance etc. Or you could go the student route and raid a skip outside someone's house who's just had a new kitchen.
You might be able to find something at an office supply place, but that'll probably be too expensive.
Reference URL's