[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyya.

I've a question with folders. I was creating a new partition for my hard drive and I planned on doing it in a blank folder 'Downloads' inside.

However, I've an odd problem. See, beforehand I already had a Downloads folder in the directory I want to place it. One with Oooooh I don't know about 350gb's of the internet. Tongue

Cheekily, I thought I could get this folder out of the way by, rather than moving all of these files, I thought I could simply rename this folder to 'Downloads2' and then create a new blank 'Downloads' folder.

In my mind this would all work fine and dandy with no problems but ofcourse windows dictates otherwise, and when I try to create a new blank folder with the name 'Downloads' it says "This destination already contains a folder called Downloads 2" then asks me if I wish to merge.

Whilst the error message makes no sense I'm sure there must be a good reason behind it. The previous download folder is listed a part of my 'Downloads' 'library' and I am wondering if this is what causes the conflict.

Lemme know if you've any ideas Smile
(2012-11-29 02:53)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]I've a question with folders. I was creating a new partition for my hard drive and I planned on doing it in a blank folder 'Downloads' inside.

I failed at deciphering what you were trying to say there...

(2012-11-29 02:53)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]The previous download folder is listed a part of my 'Downloads' 'library' and I am wondering if this is what causes the conflict.

Probably. Try removing from the library, doing what you want to do and adding it back.
Reference URL's