[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Switch Panel & PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of old Woodway switch panels laying about, these things:

[Image: $(KGrHqRHJCwFBoew615DBQiYRMpk+Q~~60_12.JPG]

How hard would it be to get this as a working controller with my PC (if possible)? What would I need to do it?

Josh.
Not so much a helpful post but holyheck if you get that working that'll be so awesome. xD
replace the internal parts with controller ones maybe?
What sort of parts could that be? I don't know anything about the workings of electronics.
My best bet would be to somehow find out of all the inner workings of it (ask someone who knows alot about circuits etc.) and somehow get a PCB and some stuff. Maybe use an old keyboard or something like that. (the pressure pads) It is possible one way or another. Just needs some modifications though.
to add to the above, if a keyboard doesn't suffice, maybe dissecting an old controller full of buttons could work...

I personally would get a cheap gamepad with a USB interface if you don't have an old controller worth gutting.
2 options

1. Take it apart and see if it's possible to directly tap into the individual buttons. If so, find a cheap controller with enough buttons that allows you to do the same (good luck).

2. Get yourself a microcontroller/dev board with some decent GPIO and find a spec for the pad or variously hack/reverse engineer it, using the MC/dev board as a generic USB HID.
Reference URL's