[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Windows 7 sound problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I finally installed windows 7 and all is good, except a little problem Tongue If I'm listening to music and on TS and if someone on TS speaks they cut my down from 100% to 20%, But my sound returns to 100% after 5seconds of silence on TS. And I've turned it off in the sound options.

Right click sound icon > Sounds > Communications and I've selected "Do Nothing" yet it still seems to be doing it, I rebooted after I changed it to "Do Nothing" but its still doing it. Just wondering if anyone can help me as its annoying to constantly have my sound change.
Are those settings you set in Teamspeak or your sound driver? It's very likely a setting in Teamspeak, not Windows. I haven't spent much time playing around with TS yet but look around in the playback area in the TS options and see of there's an option that's enabling muting speakers when someone speaks.

Actually, Wolf would be helpful here, he has his TS set to be like that.

And no, this isn't Windows 7, it's a setting in Teamspeak.
Considering he has the problem after switching to windows 7, and Teamspeak doesn't have a setting like that in playback... I don't know what to say anymore. It's messing with his sound mixer, every time the teamspeak gets minimized, it messes with the sound mixer.
Hmm, Savy what audio driver are you using? I don't have any issues with Teamspeak in Windows 7 with some form of OEM Realtek from 2009.

Kenny, I'm pretty see there's a setting somewhere in Teamspeak that adjusts that, I know I came across it once before. I don't have a computer to use right now to check the settings, I'll have to borrow my mom's netbook tomorrow and see
Ah thanks kenwood, it was in "Settings > Plugins > Volume control" which was doing it, for some reason it was selected and it reduces other application sounds down to 25%. So its solved cheers Tongue
No problem. Smile
Reference URL's