[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Green/Stuck pixals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

As you know I was boasting about buying my new 24" LED Monitors (BenQ GL2430)

After unboxing the first one its fine, the second one was unwrapped and I tested it too see if it was defective. It was, it has about 2 small green pixals side by side.

The third monitor that I unboxed was new, still in all its wrapping and all, after about 3 hours of use it got one green pixal now it has two, the monitor wont get physically hot unlike my old LCD TV.

Finally the first monitor has developed a green dot. It has been used for about I would say 12 hours max from when the box was opened.

Do you guys know if any of the fixes out there works? Im really pissed that I bought 3 new monitors and they are all defective!!!!

If there is not fix I WILL be taking them back and getting 3 NEW ones and if they dont work I WILL demand a full refund.

Not happy....

P.S - Anyone know the return policy on stuck pixals?
The policy can vary between manufacturers. When I had my viewsonic monitor the screen was split up into 5 parts, the top right/top left/bottom right/bottom left/center. If there were more than I think 3 defective pixels in those areas it would be eligible for replacement and if it had more than 2 in the center the same applied.

On my Dell, if there are any defective pixels on the screen at all I can take it back and get a replacement of said $7-800 monitor. The thing would want to have a premium customer service/satisfaction for that price.
Check your monitor's warranty. The above policy is in there.
Yea, its there. Just didnt know if there was any fixes. All dots are on the middle top right exept the opened one its in the middle bottom but still in the middle.
I doubt there's a fix. If it's elgible for manufacturer repair or replacement then get it replaced.

There's probably an eHow tutorial for a fix, but it voids the warranty.
Yea I was assuming that, Doesnt matter Ill take it back tomorrow and get 3 more...And if they dont work get even more!
Reference URL's